Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My google alert let me know about this auction. A bunch of 6.2L engines in
Alabama with bids starting at $50! There's also a bunch of huge trucks on that site, too.

http://www.govliquidation.com/list/e1846

-zetan

·
Registered
136 Posts
too bad ther not turbo!

·
Eagle Eyes
1,334 Posts
too bad ther not turbo!
that will come eventually when the military starts phasing out the 6.5TD. but thats many years down the road since they only recently started to phase them in!:eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good deal if your looking for a nonworking incomplete block to rebuild, remember the military sells it for a reason but at $50 you can hardly go wrong, though when I've seen those in person at the local military base I've seen everything from heads to pistons missing.

Good Luck

·
Registered
382 Posts
Like what's been said, they are changing over to the 6.5 Turbo. I think you have a good chance of getting one that was running.

·
Registered
107 Posts
(Like what's been said, they are changing over to the 6.5 Turbo. I think you have a good chance of getting one that was running.)

If they are complete that is, many of those trucks are sold as incomplete. (though they may look ok and have no statement saying they don't run)

The funny thing is many sold for over $3000 WITH NO TITLE, no tailgate and no statement towards functionality. I have bought from real local gov. auctions for years and can say the beauty of them is that the vehicles were always cheap and always had problems (sometimes minor). I think the internet is allowing people to rip themselves off and since there are so many ideots available to bid, items sell for unreasonable amounts. Most of those trucks weren't worth more than 1k, some well under $500.

How does one get a title anyway one the military says it won't issue one?

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I bought my M1010 it had no title and it took a little fast talking at DMV. I got it titled as a Chevy K30 and that is what my insurance company thinks it is as well.

·
Registered
382 Posts
If you want one that's been tested somebody is selling them on eBay:ro)

for $1025:eek: :eek: -:t

1 - 12 of 12 Posts