Diesel Place banner

3981 - 4000 of 4055 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,981 (Edited)
Was PBS or AP the source for this? Really though, ABC, CBS, WP, NYT are all as biased as Fox News. WTF is Mother Jones?
People have a bias. Therefore, anything human will have a bias. If you spend enough time and are so inclined to do the cognitive work, a clear picture emerges of who to trust on what topics. For example,

RT America is a fantastic source on all things US domestic except guns. They hate the 2A. And if the story has to do with international topics, throw a dart. They'll take Russia's side, for instance.

Another example is MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, WaPo, NYT, AP, PBS, NPR, CNN, HuffPo, Vox, Snopes, PolitiFact, PunditFact = all nothing but democrat propaganda. Occasionally, they tell the truth. Good luck getting the truth.

Breitbart will focus on and often exaggerate the left's dirty deeds. I like to think of Breitbart as a source to know what to look at, not what to think.

OAN will focus on the good of the right and the bad of the left, albeit lying and exaggeration not needed. I find them pretty straight forward. Their low volume of stories I take as an indicator that they need not fill airtime with party drum beating.

NYPost, Washington Examiner and Ben Shapiro's Daily wire are often excellent sources of truth.

Fox News fluctuates. Sometimes failing to cover what they should. And not always biased to the right.

When someone challenges the facts, we can talk. When they challenge the source, they are attempting to ignore the facts typically because they have no knowledgeable argument of the facts. It's far easier to attack the messenger than to do the homework of gaining facts to make an intelligent argument. Thus, focusing on the flies over the pile.

My suggestion is to make use of this site's ignore feature. If I don't think a poster is participating in the exchange of facts and cognitive reasoning, I see nothing they offer but partisan drum beating. If someone finds my posts too jaded or biased or opinionated or whatever, they are free to ignore me as well. Not everybody will like me. Not everybody matters.

Btw, before I spent the time and effort to dig deeper, I had a different view of those media sources I mentioned above. Gaining knowledge through the work will do that to a fair minded person. It won't change a thing for a partisan hack. Given I have supported democrats in the past, despised Fox News... because I did not know enough... I'm hardly a partisan hack.

$0.02

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,983
Yes, really. And this is what happens when I decide to read your posts...

Your own source agrees with me, albeit in their display of narrowed "fact checking". They are saying RT's coverage of international stories is biased - pro Russia. I said that. They fail to address the purely US domestic stories. That's great because I now know they are serving their agenda and not one of actually being a fact checker.

What an excellent source for fact checking (sarcasm) completely ignoring / missing what I said. Both you and your source. And making my point for me.... once again.

For the rest of you, simply ask yourselves who was it that ran with the multitude of lies for the past 3.5+ years time and time again.... and who did not. In other words, who hasn't stopped being wrong.

A few biggies: Russia collusion, All 17 Intelligence Agencies Agree, Kavanaugh rape, Syria gas attacks.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,984
It NEVER stops.

"“My first thought was why was Cherry Health picked to participate in this CBS News piece,” the current Cherry Health employee said, noting that because there hasn’t been as large of an outbreak of coronavirus in the area as in other parts of the state like the Detroit metro area.

“So it had to have something to do with the fact that Gretchen Whitmer and Tasha are friends with each other,” the employee told Breitbart News. “I’m guessing Whitmer referred them over to Cherry Health.”

The staffer claimed “Tasha was more than eager to please” the governor, and the fake line of cars resulted. The source added other employees concur the Project Veritas story was “100 percent accurate.”

Whitmer had visited the facility just weeks before joining Biden there."

"Cable news network MSNBC aired a similarly edited clip on Morning Joe on Friday. Host Mika Brzezinski slammed Barr’s history comment: “And that tells you everything you need to know. Might makes right.”

Brzezinski, like Todd, did not include the full context of Barr’s remarks.

In 2015, former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) defended lying about Republican nominee Mitt Romney’s taxes during the 2012 election by telling CNN: “Romney didn’t win, did he?”."

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
Yes, really. And this is what happens when I decide to read your posts...

Your own source agrees with me, albeit in their display of narrowed "fact checking". They are saying RT's coverage of international stories is biased - pro Russia. I said that. They fail to address the purely US domestic stories. That's great because I now know they are serving their agenda and not one of actually being a fact checker.

What an excellent source for fact checking (sarcasm) completely ignoring / missing what I said. Both you and your source. And making my point for me.... once again.

For the rest of you, simply ask yourselves who was it that ran with the multitude of lies for the past 3.5+ years time and time again.... and who did not. In other words, who hasn't stopped being wrong.

A few biggies: Russia collusion, All 17 Intelligence Agencies Agree, Kavanaugh rape, Syria gas attacks.
"My source" says they lean pretty far-right and that Putin funds them to the tune of 307 million a year. That is my point. Sorry, you missed it. I know I would not have much faith in a news network funded by Obama or trump.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,986 (Edited)
"My source" says they lean pretty far-right and that Putin funds them to the tune of 307 million a year. That is my point. Sorry, you missed it. I know I would not have much faith in a news network funded by Obama or trump.
Not if it were stories about Obama or Trump. So not RT if it's stories about Putin - which I said. Your cognition is poor. Your comments useless. Buh bye.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,987

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,988

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
Not if it were stories about Obama or Trump. So not RT if it's stories about Putin - which I said. Your cognition is poor. Your comments useless. Buh bye.
So then, you don't think it is Putin's best interest to promote stories about any particular political figure in the US if it favors him. For example, if Putin knew he could get the Uranium One deal if the US saw Hillary in a good light at the time, Putin would not promote positive stories about Hillary?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'll just leave this hear.

·
Diesel Ninja
10,143 Posts
MP - That is interesting about "One Big Happy Family". I wonder if the same is true with Republicans/Fox News or any conservative news orgainizations.
Not exactly, in the trump administration they simply circulate from being on the news to being in the administration and back again. Such as Hope Hicks, Sarah Huckabee, Raj Shah, David Bossie, Thomas Homan, Bill Shine, Heather Nauret, Sebastian Gorka, Elaine Chao, John Bolton, Mercedes Schlapp, Anthony Scaramucci just to name a few. There are more and that is only Fox news. I'm sure RT and OAN will be next.

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
obama.jpg

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,995

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,996
MP - That is interesting about "One Big Happy Family". I wonder if the same is true with Republicans/Fox News or any conservative news orgainizations.
Idk. Be nice if the never trump crowd bothered to look and post it in the appropriate thread. I've never been afraid of the truth and I don't do the other sides homework for them.... any longer. But... I just searched "republicans and their allies in the media" and this is what came up (I reduced the size to get more results in the same screen shot). I'll keep looking when I've more time...
Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 9.30.44 AM.png

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,997

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts
obamagate.png

·
Administrator
15,659 Posts