Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I could not decide on an exhaust so I went the cheap route and cut out my factory muffler and welded in a piece of 4 inch exhaust pipe to fit its place. Since the 4 inch was bigger than the 3.5 factory I did not have to make any bends but just angled the pipe and welded it in its place. It now has a nice whistle at idle and at acceleration. After pulling off the muffler I cut it in half and found out that it was very restrictive with the chambers the exhaust has to flow through, I should gain some mpg now. Exhaust sounds the same inside the cab, but has the nice whistle on the outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
How long was the piece of pipe you used?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you still have the Kitty on?? I cut mine out and noticed a big decrease in EGT's (150 degrees). Just wondering if I should go the next step and cut out the Muffler too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used 2 1/2 feet of 4 inch pipe to take the place of the muffler. I still have the kitty for now, kinda waiting to see how the emission thing is going to pan out here In Texas. Ive also read that deleting the cat will throw codes, some say it does and some say it won't.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine didn't have any codes but I think it was because of the Finger Stick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.