Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duramax made a good showing. Track sucked, but it was great to get in front of a sled again. Can't wait till the season starts.

Here is a video:
My Dmax Run

Results from Dekalb diesel Pickups:

1. Steve Stoltzfus FP/ 219.1
2. Chad Davis FP/ 210.6
3. Jeremy Straley FP/ Didn't pull off
4. Kyle Michaels 202.3
5. Rivers Roark 200.6
6. Rocky Roark 197.4
7. Justin Burns 190.1
8. Corey Holland 189.6
9. Eric Stingley 84.1 (blew a boot)
10. Jason Nihiser (4 WD wouldn't engage)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Awesome run.
Up with the big boys in standings and smoke.
Things to come thats for sure. Muncie aughta be good. Edited by: heartbeatcanada

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kyle, what all was you running the other night. it made agood run. Look forward to seeing you at some pulls this year.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
That was a great run. I would like to go out sometime and see that live, I think it would be a blast. Not sure they do that around here anywhere. Will have to start looking.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
KEEP MAKING US PROUD KYLE!!! Super Diesel

·
Registered
49 Posts
man that is the first dmax i have seen that was truly pushing some smoke. looks good, but it looks like you did a full pull. as in you were about to run out of track. mike

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Man, I am glad it didnt smoke that much after we put the injectors/tranny in with that little garage

Kyle, looks like you have got that bugger tuned up!

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
turn on the nitrous for "more air"

Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ooooooh No, nitrous is drugs. They can't be havin that on the track.

I'm still trying to figure out how nitrous is some mericle power making cheating drug and a big ass turbo isn't.

Hold on to your headgaskets dodge fans!, we'll have bigger boost makers soon!

Edited by: Kyle03D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
That was cool.
Looks like the front end did just fine to me.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This is from a cummins guy, great run!! awesome truck!! Incidentially I did just buy a dmax

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
nitrous gives a motor more air just like a second staged turbo does but for some reason most of the Cummins guys just don't get it

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Well, being invovled in truck pulling myself and from what I can tell, there is as much politics in truck pulling as there is in washingto DC. A few select individuals make all the rules to suit their needs and well, the other guys get left out even when it makes no sense. What I personally think is the cummins guys who have been around the sport well before the dmax came out are really concerned about getting beat by one. I can say this because I have pulled cummins. Personally, I would let drugs fly in the open class. Everybody seems to forget that its for FUN and nobody is getting rich doing the truck pulling thing!! Some of these guys spend upwards of 70G's on truck set-up, every wonder how many $300 purses it takes to re-coupe that? Not to mention the parts that will invaribly fly!!! Just my .02

Dpower

·
Registered
393 Posts
The cummins boys fell short in the cylinder department if you know what I mean, that Is why I think they are tryin to strut there stuff with a B1 or something similar, when really what they are looking for is in a bottle!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I agree with dpower. Whats going to happen or what new rules are going to be implemented when the Dmax gets the new turbo? Is water/meth (for cooling it all down) considered a drug? Super Diesel

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dhra says no no on water injecton(yep even just water).
Must be a drug. Although, For those who can afford it, Our bigger turbo should be allowed in this class, just like the big cummins turbos that bolt right to the exhaust manifold.

Super Diesel said:
Whats going to happen or what new rules are going to be implemented when the Dmax gets the new turbo?
They will have to come up with somthing else to keep the dodges on top. Maybe no independent front suspensions, or twins must stay in engine compartment.

But hey, in the pro-street class we can run water(just water), but conviently you are also allowed twin turbos.(only 2, not 3 haha
). Twin turbos, thats right. No oxygen from a bottle.

No removing of headlight for cool air flow! Very Important! (oh thats right, dodge headlights don't just pop out with a pin)

Its all just money, Maybe a big ol cowl hood would let my twins fit on top of the motor?

Ah, I can't wait to get out and play again, it's all good.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Sounds like the rules are custom built for the other diesels. Lets get some Dmax owners in the judges boxes as well. Super Diesel

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Not being able to remove a working headlight for more airflow is stupid.

I'm going to take a stock left side headlight and cut off part of it that curves around toward the fender. I'll just tell them I hit a bird and broke it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.