Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have the Juice/Attitude and just changed the transmission setup from defueling "All locked shifts" to only defueling at the "4-5 locked shift". The tranny now shifts a lot quicker and smoother. Is this going to add wear and tear on the tranny? And should I change back when I tow a 10K trailer?

Thanks,

ChrisEdited by: CMDMAX

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just did the same thing. It does shift smoother.

I do not think it would cause any additional wear if you do not go crazy with your right foot. I've read on a couple threads here that Edge could not make the tranny slip in 1st-4th gear with the Juice. But it could slip in 5th when the power is set on 5. I'm not sure if that is true or not but mine has not slipped yet and I've been pretty hard on it.

I think when I tow my boat I will defuel at all locked shifts just to be on the safe side.

Jesse

·
Registered
408 Posts
GreenDuramax04 said:
I just did the same thing. It does shift smoother.

I do not think it would cause any additional wear if you do not go crazy with your right foot. I've read on a couple threads here that Edge could not make the tranny slip in 1st-4th gear with the Juice. But it could slip in 5th when the power is set on 5. I'm not sure if that is true or not but mine has not slipped yet and I've been pretty hard on it.

I think when I tow my boat I will defuel at all locked shifts just to be on the safe side.

Jesse

your truck is brand new, but your tranny will start to slip SOONER or later!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
And This

The Edge guys were not able to slip the 1-2, 2-3, and 2-3 shifts on a stock tranny even when applying over 900 ft lbs of torque. However, they did slip the 4-5 shift with 680 ft lbs.

The Juice (90 HP) and Hot Juice (125HP)are set up to defuel at shifts and if the tranny slips. It would be very hard to hurt your tranny with either of these.

However, the Juice w/Attitude is a different story. If you set it up to not defuel at all, you may indeed hurt your tranny. I have mine set up to defuel only on the 4-5 shift.

Aaron told me I could slip the tranny on launch with the Attitude set on max if I stalled against the convertor in 4WD. So I don't do that. I did do that a couple times when I had just the 90 HP std Juice.

BTW, I run mine on 5/5. I do not get excessive smoke even at WOT. Could be my secondary fuel filter has something to do with that, but I am not sure.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
keystonekid said:
When you guys are talking about (defueling) I'm lost, can anyone explain what this means?.

It's exactly that DeFueling ... The TCM sences over torque and the ECM cuts back the fuel during the shift to minimize slippage in a nut shell ...

Mac

1 - 7 of 7 Posts