1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When rolling to a stop it seems to downshift just before
the vehicle is stopped and you feel a "jerk". Or when you are
stopped and you take your foot off the brake to accelerate
you feel the jerk. Like it was in 2nd gear and shifted to first.
This does not occur starting out cold (Ambient typically 50 deg)
After warmup, say driving 15 minutes, the jerk starts on takeoff
or coming to a stop. I checked the fluid level at hot and it is
OK. Should I take it to the dealer or is it still adapting to my
driving habits which are conservative.

06LBZ/Allison 2500HD Completely stock 550 miles:mad:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Break it in for a while. At 1000 miles, change the oil and fuel filter. Let us know how things feel after that. It was hard for me to get used to my 05 Dmax after owning gassers all my life. I had some of the same feelings. Nothing to worry about though.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Is this a transmission issue or dry transmission spline and slip yoke?
Search "slip yoke" and read some of these posts. Maybe this is what you are feeling.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've notice the same thing on mine. Dosn't happen if i drive two footed. may be because the time from off brack to on gass is a little quicker and dosen't have time to happen. i was starting to think it may be a brake problem. I'll give it a few 100 mi more just if it is the trans learning and then take to dealer for an answer. 900mi on mine now.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Transmission shifting

Have had that on an '02 and on this '05

You can slam on the breaks, slow to 5 MPH, then slam on the power. It will hestitate, shift hard into first, then accelerate.

You can play games with the TCM & the Trany by moving the throttle just before, during, and just after a shift.

I have driven hundreds of diesel/automatic trans buses that do that all the time. The Trany needs time to check speed, and throttle position, then decide to shift. Light on the throttle until the trany shifts will smooth things out.
VERY gentle on the throttle up makes it smoother.

Turnpike

'05 2500HD CC D/A stock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts