Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Denali and with 115k miles and a p24c4 and p2493 code I want to tune out the EGR, add an egr block off plate and tune out the def and associated crap.
If I delete dpf and replace it with a pipe is it going to be louder? I'm past loud vehicles. I want comfort, not noise.

Does someone make a bolt in pipe that only removes the DPF?

I already have the dsp5 switch lift pump s&b intake from Duramaxtuner.com

Thanks in advance for any help on the subject. I plan to get with motorops f to tune out the useless emissions garbage, I just have not had time to call them from work.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mine has a straight pipe where the DPF used to be and it is no noisier than when it had the DPF .... well, not that I've noticed from inside the cab anyway.

Roachie
Kadina, SA
Australia

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
yes it will be louder when you remove all the restriction..unless you add a muffler and or resonator to new system. loud is relative to each person as is quiet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was under the impression that the truck had a muffler and the cat was the DPF. LOL dang it.. .. .I am glad I am researching all this crap. I don't see hollowing out the DPF to be anything other than a huge waste of time.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
I honestly think it is louder than my LLY...I got the muffler and also bought a front pipe with resonator. it is now quieter in the cab and I'm happy with the sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts