Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost...again I must say how impressed I am with this site. There is so much great information but even more so...the respect shown my the members to their counterparts is just fantastic. Koodos to everyone!!! I don't want the "4X4" decals (although it's really no big deal to remove them) and I saw where someone ordered theirs that way. I ordered my truck about 2 weeks ago. Don't know where I am in the process and couldn't reach my "guy" at dealer today. How is the best way to try to "sneek" this in...if not too late. Thanks in advance.

Joe

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Joe, just pull them off - it takes about 2 minutes on a new truck. Some people have used a blow dryer. I used my halogen shop light set about a foot away to warm up the decal and fender. With it warm, took just a second to get a corner up with a fingernail and the whole decal came off in one slow pull. Quick swipe with a bit of wax and a buff and they're gone!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just received my 2500HD last week. When I ordered it I had asked for a decal delete and an ornamentation delete. For some reason, the decals were deleted, but the ornamentation was not. When I picked up the truck on Friday I told the dealer I really didn't want the GMC badging on it and would really appreciate it if they could also remove the plastic chrome door mouldings as well. They were more than happy to do all of the above when I brought the truck in the following week to have my step bars installed.

Dodge even did the same on my custom ordered Dakota 10 years ago. I insisted that I would not accept delivery of the truck if it had the ugly red and blue pin-striping on the side. Of course, when it arrived - it was striped. They had all of the pin striping and excess ornamentation removed by the time I finished filling out my paperwork.

All you have to do is ask!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just took delivery of my 2500HD 4x4. The decal for "4x4" was no put on. I had to order it that way.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Why do they put 4x4 on all the new truck now? I hate vinyl Lettering that the first thinng i have my leting guy do is remove all the dealer Stickers and crapy vinyl pinstripes and put on real paint ones

·
Registered
473 Posts
They put the "4x4" decals on them so the salesperson can tell the 4 wd's from the 2 wd's.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
BIGMoe said:
They put the "4x4" decals on them so the salesperson can tell the 4 wd's from the 2 wd's.

That is because there is no physical difference on the outside between the two.
Edited by: NoWake200

·
Registered
479 Posts
i ordered mine with the decal delete - but the ornamentation delete is only allowed on fleet type buyers...

I also plan to remove all the excess "junk" on my truck, it's just the paint is really soft right now as it's only a few weeks old, so I want to be careful in not scratching it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts