Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that GM was going to reveal the LLY spec's on the first of Dec. Where the heck are they? This is starting to be a joke.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got my answer on the askdmaxalli forum. Wholly cow, it's 310 hp. Man I bet Ford and Cummins are really shaken' in their boots now. Give me a break. At least it's suppose to have 580 lbs in torque. I predict Cummins and Ford will walk all over that in the next year.

·
Registered
288 Posts
TORQUE IS WHAT GETS YOU MOVING, I ONLY HOPE 580 TORQUE IS FOR REAL. REMEMBER NOT ALL OF US ARE GOING TO PUT IN CHIPS AND THE LIKE. ALL THOUGH 4" EXHAUST DOES SOUND LIKE IT IS GOOD FOR BOTH EGT'S AND A LITTLE MORE POWER. OH WELL JUST MY THOUGHTS.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Shame on the General for not hitting 340-350hp and 600 tq. Dodge just released their new numbers, 325hp and 600tq. I guess GM was only commited to be on top for 2 years now will slip into the lowest powered diesel again, but for how long...

·
Registered
14 Posts
D*M* 325 and 600 Torque, That is alot, I only wish my 04 Duramax Had that. I guess I will just have to live with 300 at 3000 and 520 at 1600, lol.

That is alot from a stock engine. I hope that the LLY isn't too much increased in power for now, as the next time I will likely trade will be right before the 2007 restrictions go on, lol. [THE REASON I TRADED NOW WAS DIDN'T WANT NO STINKIN FIELD CATCHING ON FIRE CAT, OR MPG STEALING EGR]

Let the Power Games Begin!

Hunter

2004 Chevy 2500HD Ext Cab 4x4 Duramax / Allison

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those of you that don't believe power sells trucks, if Ford and Cummins answer , watch the market share plane off or drop for GM. I'm wondering if GM rated their trucks power at lower rpms which would still make it more powerful across the board but alittle less on peak..........if ag law is correct, here comes the first shot across GM's bow...Dodge 325/ 600 they did this because hp/torque don't really sell trucks........

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Topgas said:
For those of you that don't believe power sells trucks, if Ford and Cummins answer , watch the market share plane off or drop for GM. I'm wondering if GM rated their trucks power at lower rpms which would still make it more powerful across the board but alittle less on peak..........if ag law is correct, here comes the first shot across GM's bow...Dodge 325/ 600 they did this because hp/torque don't really sell trucks........
We also thought Chevy sales would drop with the 03 front end. Sales rose.

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
14 Posts
You know, the more I think about it, I could "live" with 310 / 580 if that is the case, lol. That would be about a 12% power increase in the normal pulling band.

If the Peak HP is rated at 3000 RPMs like it is on the 04 LB7, then the truck could only produce 542.7 ft lbs of torque at this RPM, to not have more HP than that.

I can imagine a declining torque curve. If the truck still produced 580 ft lbs at 2800 RPMS, it would have 309 HP at that RPM, lol.

This sure is different than our MX 285 Tractor, with an 8.3L 24 Valve Electronic Controlled Cummins. THat tractor is Rated at 240 PTO HP at 2000 RPMS (285 Engine) It has been dynoed at 261 HP at 2000 and the HP increases as the RPMs drop, as opposed to the truck engines. She produces around 290 PTO HP (325 or so engine) at 1600 RPMs. The Torque Rise as the RPMs drop about 50%. Say 50% more torque at 1600 than at 2000 RPMs.

Imagine driving a truck with those specs, lol. Of course on a tractor if you are working it, it is full throttle all the time and when you reach a 'Tuff" spot, the RPMS drop, the HP increases, and you pull on thru that area.

Hunter

Got to go, have a Property Law Exam in 4 hours, lol

·
Registered
909 Posts
Price is probably the biggest factor in vehicle sales and GM has led the pack in lowering profit margins. I wonder how many more bad decisions are built into GM's profit margins?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts