Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric,

I am planning to bring my truck to the dealer for service (oil, filters,etc.) next week. I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, however, I would like to have a pre-filter, such as the Nicktane installed on my truck, My question is: Should I ask the dealer if they will install it for me if I supply the filter, or are they going to flatly refuse because it is not an GM part? I want it done right, but other than the dealership, I don't know any reputable diesel mechanics in my area. I also would like to have a high idle installed as well...same question.

I have 17,500 miles on my 02. I was planning on having the Allison serviced also. Is this about the right time to have it done? And is there anything else I should have done at this point?

Thank you,

Kevin

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Kevin, if in doubt of your dealer, you can do this stuff yourself. I have the pics for a high idle install just need to post

filter is easy, I think Nick has instruction for his

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric,

My mechanic skills are limited to say the least, I just don't want to get into something that I may end up screwing up.
If you think that an amateur can do this I may give it a try.

What do you think about servicing the Allison at 15,500 miles?

Kevin

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I meant 17,500 miles

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric,

Great!!!