Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldnt find my answer. I would like feedback from anyone that has taken a truck to the dealer and programmed back to stock. I have a Superchip and am wondering if the dealer can read the programmer installl if I ever need the injectors replaced. Thanks, frank

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Did you save your stock program? You should revert back to stock programming before going to the dealer. Some technicians may not notice you have an altered program, but if one does notice, they will try to blame the "chip" or "altered programming" for the cause of failure.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I did save the stock, but can it still be detected I had the performance program in there? I know the term "if ya play ya pay", but this injector problem should be covered either way, as its a known problem,but thats just my biased opinion.:rant:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Return it to stock and take it in.
Most of us have "been there done that" with no problems.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
They cannot tell if one has been in it if you return it back to stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I always return the superchip to stock before I go in for service in case they update the program. When I get it back I reset the chip for what I am now doing, either towing or street driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts