Diesel Place banner

Dealer wants my truck.. I want a new 2011. how do i get a good deal?

4K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  varty yo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I've been looking at trucks for awhile and working with my local dealer. there has been nothing on the lot that is right and no dealer trades that work either.. there has been two that were close enought to get a price on and i was not really impressed with there offer... best so far it has only been $3000 off of sticker on a $54,788 pickup... I have been comtacted by the dealer a few times now wanting me to trade in... and then the other day i was called and offered a straight buyout of my truck and has told when something did come in they would give it to me at next to invoice price..Don't know about holdback or any of the other tricks they use...They obviously have my truck sold if they can get it...I would think with this motovation they would be offering me a much better price to trade for a new truck... what should i exspect for a desent amount off of a new truck considering im trading in something they seem to really want....Thanks

#2 ·
I guess what i was looking for with this post was a general idea of what you paid for your truck under what sticker was... and if holdback was known... that is all... if you can help out great,,, thanks...

#3 · (Edited)
I can't help much because I'm in Canada and the prices are a lot different($77k sticker, $16k off). BUT.....I sure as **** would want more than $3k off sticker. Regardless of your trade-in situation, I would be looking for 6 off. Normally close to 10, but they are in really high demand right now, and it is taking forever to order a new one I hear. But, once you add in your trade-in deal(since they want it so badly/have it sold), I would definitely be looking for $8000+++ off sticker. Not to mention, aren't there any rebates? Or is your 3000 off on top of the current rebates? If they don't want to deal, go elsewhere.....plenty of dealers looking to sell out there.

#4 ·
the deal they were offering me was for $3000 off in incentives off of sticker price... i was not impressed... but you are right they're aren't that many on the lots... I was thinking at least 6 to 8 grand off... 10 would be stellar.... I've heard talk about holdback but have no idea how that all works or how much it is.... thank you for your input.

#5 ·
#9 ·
My local dealer is over $4000 off plus additional $3000 in rebates. That is straight off their website. Could probably do better than that if I worked it hard enough. This was on an nicely equipped LT with a sticker of about $51k......food for thought

#10 ·
Most of the time they only show the current rebates off list and inflate the value of your trade-in. The difference is all that matters on a trade, don't get hung up on the price unless you buy it outright.

#11 ·
Your profile doesn't say where you are located, but in the Northwest, a lot of guys go to Dave Smith, in Kellogg ID. You might get a quote from them and use it as leverage.

#12 ·
Yes, the end result price is the kicker. Just picked up an 11 3500HD LT to drive... But I unfortunatly drove a ltz first... bad idea.... this does not have the back up camera or leather... two things i think i got to have...
Its in my garage waiting for me to drive it tomorrow... we'll see tomorrow if their price is good enough to make me forget.... but im doubtful

#13 ·
Spent a good part of my morning configuring my truck to order...I have most of my options decided but interior color... ...(Summit White Exterior) seems every truck on the lot has black cloth... I want leather but haven't nailed the color down yet... Black, light Cashmere or light Titanium, leaning towards titaniun but there are none to look at in person and im worried it my be to light... any help?? Thanks

#15 ·
Just my opinion, but they are both too light. I think black leather(which is what I got) looks AWESOME in these trucks(or any vehicle for that matter). The titanium looks almost white, I don't like it at all.

Go to edmunds and punch in all the options on it that your looking at buying, it will show the sticker price and invoice. I've negotiated $100 over invoice and the factory rebates in addition. Done this on the last three trucks ive bought. All from different dealers, not a one batted an eye. Just go in and tell them what you will pay, just make sure you know the invoice price first.
Just so you know, that's not the true invoice. Do you really think a dealer is going to sell a vehicle and only make 100 dollars? Give me a break.

#14 ·
Go to edmunds and punch in all the options on it that your looking at buying, it will show the sticker price and invoice. I've negotiated $100 over invoice and the factory rebates in addition. Done this on the last three trucks ive bought. All from different dealers, not a one batted an eye. Just go in and tell them what you will pay, just make sure you know the invoice price first.

#16 · (Edited)
Yes, I tried to do some looking online last night and I'm liking the black... its frustrating not being able to walk out on the lot and go from one truck to another to see them in person...

#17 ·
Look through the LML owner's garages on here. I might be able to find you a pic, hold on.

#18 ·
Here's Titanium, I'll try to find a Cashmere pic.........

#19 ·
Here's Titanium, I'll try to find a Cashmere pic.........

Yikes... that is very light... it'll have to be black...

going to sell me that "shoebox" yet....:D

#20 ·
If anyone has pictures of the black leather interior could you post them or if they are in your garage let me know and ill check it out... much appreciated...

#21 ·
I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow and post it. Although, I'm sure there are tons on here.

Hey, get the new truck and come and pick up the car!!

#22 ·
I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow and post it. Although, I'm sure there are tons on here.

Hey, get the new truck and come and pick up the car!!
The luck im having i should just keep my truck and use it to come get your car... dealer can't find anything within a 1000 mile's.... have to order one... Got GMC dealer looking also but I'm doubtful.....:(

#23 ·
Sorry......forgot to take pics! I'll try to remember tomorrow.

#24 ·
Here you go....

#25 ·
Here you go....

thanks... Hope I can find one.... GMC dealer may have found one but doesn't know if the other dealer will let go of it...

#26 ·
i got 11k off sticker but that was back in 06

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.