Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to put plow pkg on an 2004, 3500 reg cab, 84" cab to chassis 4x4 that I'm putting a dump bed on. Dealer says no can do. Front end would be too heavy. I find this difficult to believe.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Depends on the plow. Possible the dump body takes you over.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
The dealer out this way has a 2004 3500 Cab & Chassis with a dump box and a Fisher 8' plow on it. Don't see it being a problem.

Just my .02

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can't get the snow plow prep package on my diesel either. Although most of the plow companies around here have them on durmax's, I've probably seen 50 2500HD/3500's with plows.

I'll be running a 11.5' plow on mine when I get it, 2004 CC, SB.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Won't the plow void the warranty?

Anybody use a 450 D/A to push snow. No 4x4 option on that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
duramaxdiesel said:
Wow an 11.5 foot plow
! Hope you're at least gonna install a set of Timbrens.

It's a 9.5' plow with 1' extensions on the sides, it barely sags my 8.1.

Herbie said:
Won't the plow void the warranty?

I just take it off before I go in but we've bought close to 20 vehicles from the same dealership in the last 15 years so they usually don't ask many questions.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Cant get a plow on an 84" CA truck. But you can if the CA length is 60".

Its because of the extended frame length puts alot of the weight on the front axle.

Its been like this for a few years now. Its just with the diesel, you can get an 8.1. or 6.0 with that CA length.

Bill

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just bought a 2004 Sierra SLT 2500HD D/A EC SB with the plow package. I did a lot of question asking of various dealers and reading all of GM's literature. I wanted the 8 foot bed but no can do with the EC D/A. Of course my dealer said he would sell me one and take care of any warrenty problems. Nice of him
But Like I told him what happens if Im in New England and the truck breaks??
I take it to a dealer there and he sees the snow plow hook up on the frame.. End Of Warrenty.

Be careful. JMO.

Tim

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have it on my 03

i had every thing installed so i got my plow on 0 % financing.

I have a MaurderII dump it nicest body i ever had. Rolled corners so crap can stick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts