Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering... I happen to talk with someone I know last night. He has a 05 Dmax. In talking to him.. it's been back to the stealer a couple of times. However he said one time the tech reprogrammed his truck with a GM supplied 370 HP and 485??? torque.. ( I forget what the Torque numbers were) .. Stated that it's an available download from GM, changing the truck from 310 to 370. Any one else hear of it?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
never happen. sorry
gm designs things once and makes improvements like hp in model years only. not reflashes. they are simply designed to fix drivability issue only.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wish they could do something like that. That would be cool!! I did have mine reprogrammed from the stealer to take care of the surging problem. I wish I never would have done it because I can tell a major decrease in power and my fuel mileage has taken a nose dive. Makes me wonder if they didn't screw something up.:mad:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I wish they could do something like that. That would be cool!! they won't, but you can with efi live:DI did have mine reprogrammed from the stealer to take care of the surging problem. I wish I never would have done it because I can tell a major decrease in power and my fuel mileage has taken a nose dive. Makes me wonder if they didn't screw something up.:mad:
how about that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Joe, what is EFI live??

·
Registered
712 Posts
never happen. sorry
gm designs things once and makes improvements like hp in model years only. not reflashes. they are simply designed to fix drivability issue only.
Im not sayin your wrong, but GM does have performance tunes for the Cobalt SS superchaged cars.
Not saying that they have them for the D-max, cuz as far as i know they don't, at least they didn't for the 5 years i worked at the shop, but to say that they don't sell better tunes for any thing is, well, wrong.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I wish they could do something like that. That would be cool!! I did have mine reprogrammed from the stealer to take care of the surging problem. I wish I never would have done it because I can tell a major decrease in power and my fuel mileage has taken a nose dive. Makes me wonder if they didn't screw something up.:mad:
Of course they did...They want you to continue spending money at their Stealership...:cool:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Joe, what is EFI live??
EFI live is tuner software that you load on your laptop, then transfer to your ECM. You can download custom tunes from the internet, or make up your own, giving you an almost unlimited number of tunes available for your truck.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
wish they would

·
Registered
159 Posts
Kennedy Diesel can reprogram you computer and get you 70 hp with great tow torque. It is a real computer retune!!! I want to do that when I get some extra cash

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Kennedy Diesel can reprogram you computer and get you 70 hp with great tow torque. It is a real computer retune!!! I want to do that when I get some extra cash
how much are they wanting to do it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts