Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right. I took a new case of Delo 400 (6 1-gallon bottles) and a Baldwin 1441 to my dealer today, and when I got home and unloaded the box, I found three empty 1-gallon containers. Holy overfill, Batman. I called, and they called me right back in and corrected it. Turns out they hadn't lubed, either, so I made sure they got all 11. So much for faith in your local stealer!!!

The thing is, I noticed what I thought was an excessively high oil level recently at a gas station, but figured the oil hadn't settled yet. It worried me enough to collect an oil sample today, as I have injector failure on the brain until I get some fuel filtration.

So, my question: Assuming a 1/2 gallon overfill for less than 20 miles (today only), do I have anything to worry about?

If they overfilled it by the same amount last at the last change, 1800 miles ago, and I ran it 1800 miles (doing short interval flushes the first three changes), can it have damaged anything? If so, what?

Geez, less than 6000 miles, and the dealer is focking up my truck!!!!!!!!! I am so pissed!

Somebody tell me what I'm looking at.

Rick

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Rick,

hopefully dmaxallitech will chime in. if not, you may want to post this in his forum. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but he's the mechanic, not me :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just talked to Eric on the phone today, too. Ordered some Transynd from him. He has great prices, and is helpful to boot. He'll continue to get my business.

I'll post a link on his forum. Great resource for the site, Nick!

Rick

·
Registered
448 Posts
Rick,

IMHO if you put enough oil in it to hurt it it would make a mess as it blew some of it out the breather tube. If it wasn't blowing oil out the breather tube i don't think it's hurt.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Same opinion here, if it didn't puke it out your are fine.

Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
I once had a Jiffy Lube type place overfill my previous truck, a 97 Z71. Put 20 quarts of Mobil 1 in it. Only drove it 2 miles, straight to the dealer. Long story, but it ran fine for another 75,000 miles till trade in without any problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
55 Posts
SWLA

20qts, as in twenty!

Are you sure he didn't try and fill the gas tank instead of the engine.

He must have been using the toothless caijun counting system.

ponz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts