Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rer-posting here at Nick's suggestions:

I took a new case of Delo 400 (6 1-gallon bottles) and a Baldwin 1441 to my dealer today (right after I ordered the Transynd from you) and when I got home and unloaded the box, I found three empty 1-gallon containers. Holy overfill, Batman. I called, and they called me right back in and corrected it. Turns out they hadn't lubed, either, so I made sure they got all 11. So much for faith in your local stealer!!!

The thing is, I noticed what I thought was an excessively high oil level recently at a gas station, but figured the oil hadn't settled yet. It worried me enough to collect an oil sample today, as I have injector failure on the brain until I get some fuel filtration.

So, my question: Assuming a 1/2 gallon overfill for less than 20 miles (today only), do I have anything to worry about?

If they overfilled it by the same amount last at the last change, 1800 miles ago, and I ran it 1800 miles (doing short interval flushes the first three changes), can it have damaged anything? If so, what?

Geez, less than 6000 miles, and the dealer is focking up my truck!!!!!!!!! I am so pissed!

Somebody tell me what I'm looking at.

Rick

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Rick, I wouldnt worry about a thing, Its very unlikely any damage was done in that short amount of time. If it was overfull, the motor would just spit it out the pcv hose on the right front lower of then engine. Its a shame they cant get the lof right
. Makes you wonder whats gonna happen when you actually need something. Be sure to allow the motor to sit for at least 10 minutes before checking oil level for most accurate results. Thanks for the order today!

Eric

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric:

That's reassuring, to say the least. So even if I went 1800 miles with a half-gallon overfill, the motor would spit it out? God I hope so.

Another thing, if that order didn't go out yet, I think I need the white vent cover for the front diff. I'm going with the Mobil 1 75-90.

Thanks again for the help. You have my business, and I recommend you with the utmost confidence to others.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts