Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know of a dealership on the south shore that has a good diesel tech? I am about 1/2 hr south of boston, check engine light keeps comin on ,already had it to the dealer twice and he cleared it now its back, truck is stock , no mods thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
Did they tell you what was setting the code, How many miles on the truck,

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i first took it to mcglaughlin chev in whitman, they reset it and told me that if it came on again they would have to clean the disc in the computer , whatever that means , 2 weeks later light is on again ,i notice im leaking power steering fluid from the cap, i open it and fluid puked out like it was under pressure, i get in start it and put it in gear , no power steering and no brakes ,called clay chevy in norwood and tell'em im sending it up on a ramp truck, i get the damn thing on the ramp truck and like magic the brakes and steering come back, they kept it almost 2 weeks and couldnt get it to do the same thing they clear the light and tell me that the problem with the brakes and the power steering is because of the aftermarket tires and rims i put on!!!! they tell me everything else is all set . so iget in the truck and go ,lights back on in 2 weeks. i went to the truck last night to get something ,i open the door and no courtesy lights!!!! no wonder gm needs a bailout !! the truck has about 25k on it .

·
Registered
543 Posts
General GMC in Methuen are great! All they do are HD trucks and duramax's. Great people to deal with. Also all parts are offered at cost if you pay cash.

Hope this helps,
Dylan

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i took the truck down to marty's gmc in kingston , real nice guy down there by the name of brian, said there was a bulletin about cleaning the egr valve. thats whats settin of the engine light, if it comes back again they will change the valve, we'll see!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
good luck...i hate when dealers dont know their ass from their elbow and use any aftermarket parts as the source of the problem..."your truck wont start sir because you have vent shades and window tint" haha its not that bad but you know what i mean

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have had very good luck with Swanson GMC in Concord. Diesel tech is great and stays up to date on everything.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts