Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off sorry about my rant Im a little piss+d right now.

Well all I can say is .........

Its just goes with my luck. The dealer called me and after having 31 repairs to my truck 9 of which have been repaired more then once and 4 of which have been repaired more then 3 times its just f'ing laughable.

I kept telling the pricks that something was wrong. I kept getting can not duplicate because they would do it their way not the way I was telling them to duplicate the issue.

Talk about hard headed............

So now I get a call and they tell me something major is wrong with the motor internally.

NO SH*T.........

Ive know that for 2 years. I guess I will get it fixed or replaced. Maybe they can get around to fixing the other 11 complaints on the ticket and the 4 extra that developed on my trip.

GM/chevy vehicles suck big time. My last gasser had a bad engine too. My ford had 48 repairs in 6 months ( the 1st 6 mo;s).

My toyota had 3 tranny rebuilds by 22,000.

Nobody makes anything of quality anymore. Its all garbage and I always get stuck emptying my wallet because of it.

Anyone know where I can buy a donkey and reliable cart?
Maybe a diesel moped?

Im seriously looking at the passat tdi wagon. I'll rip all the seats out limo tint the windows and have a custom bed made to fit on the right side from the back to the missing passenger seat. I can then go on my trips and still sleep inside. I wish they made the passat in 4wd that got around 50mpg.

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:rant:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Sorry it has come down to this. Talk about bad luck with vehicles. My friend just bought a Jetta TDI and it is a pretty sharp vehicle. He is getting around 45 mpg with it, but it is smaller than a Passat. GPS shows that the speedometer is 5 miles faster than actual speed. Tried to get it recalibrated and they said that it is only a point of reference and would not adjust it. So it looks like the car is racking up more miles than it is actually travelling. Anyway. PC, hope your dealer can finally put a good working motor in your truck and you can get on with owning a nice truck. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Sounds like the VW dealer that sold your friend the car is trying to get out of fixing stuff under warranty sooner.

What is your engine doing PC? Is it just down on power? Knocking?

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Do me a favor. Never touch any of my vehicles, I dont need any more bad luck.:)

·
Registered
351 Posts
What changed their minds? Send them the picture in your avatar? ):h

·
Registered
369 Posts
You should use public transportation, obviously vehicles and you dont mix well together.....

sorry about all your issues, i would have parked it in the dealers front window if all that crap happened to me..

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Well sorry to hear about your issues PC. I hope that they get it all worked out. Might want to consider a PREVOST bus... Then you can trailer something that is 4WD and use it when you need to venture out...Just my idea..

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm tagging this one for details and updates.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hey that really sucks, there are lots of good ones out there, we only here about the bad ones here. I think every car manufacturer has there problems, but I also think they are building them to be disposable anymore, they want you to buy a new one someday. As for the VW they are awesome cars, I used to have a 1.8t Jetta, great car, just had lots of strange electrical gremlins. Hope they fix it right for you, it may change your mind.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Check the surplus places,maybe you can find a low mileage tank or personnel carrier..):hSorry about your bad vehicle luck.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Is it still under warranty? I would be contacting GM and raising a stink if it is not under warranty any more.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Had a Goat 1 time that every time it went to see the doctor it was "running just fine"

As soon as it was off warrenty.......................all of the sudden it wasnt road worthy. The service manager had a near death experience that day,and GM had a goat on theyre lot.

I sure hope GM steps up for you here....................

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Why don't you nail them with the lemon law and get a new truck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
OK, none of my business, and given the fact that you have a gun for an avatar ... So now you've had trucks from Ford, GM, and Totota, and they all sucked. Maybe they are being pushed a wee bit harder than is intended?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
It is his name that has jinxed him... Moderators, could you change PC's name to something more helpful? Like "Glass half full", or "Smells like roses", or "I love my truck"):h

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
It is his name that has jinxed him... Moderators, could you change PC's name to something more helpful? Like "Glass half full", or "Smells like roses", or "I love my truck"):h
:funnypost :lol: :muahaha:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
PC ~ over the yrs you have grown on us. You have provided hrs of amusement, elicited sympathy, and in some of us ~ increased blood circulation, and in general provided color that would be genuinely missed if your luck changed. You have garnered my respect also.

We've all learned a lot/benefited from you ~ wasn't it you that found 'holes in the uni-filters'? The resultant ruckus educated us and probably provided the motivation driving one of the most thorough filter testing/evaluation for our trucks.

IIRC the last scene of the movie Shogun, when the Tokugawa was overlooking Capt Blackthornes effort to rebuild a ship the Tokugawa had burned the nite before. In that scene, the Tokugawa mused that whenever the effort neared completion, it too would be destroyed as it was his (Blackthornes) karma/destiny to remain in Japan ~ and his closing line was ". . . and it is my destiny to be Shogun." PC, thats to say in your case, life wouldn't be the same w/o you and the character you provide. If you find a truck that truly makes you happy ~ ~ we've all lost.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, none of my business, and given the fact that you have a gun for an avatar ... So now you've had trucks from Ford, GM, and Totota, and they all sucked. Maybe they are being pushed a wee bit harder than is intended?
I take better care of my stuff then most people do of their kids/pets. Im constantly changing fluids etc. I drive from point a/b and stuff breaks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
ShumDit... Wow. I'm a sucker for a good movie reference in everyday conversation. That was a good one. Hats off.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
This is not a jab at PC so don't take it as such.

Some people need to re-examine their expectations on what 40K gets you these days. Even with it's deficiencies, idiosyncrasies, and problems, you are getting a heck of a lot when you buy a truck, regardless of brand. Imagine what a rat's nest you would have if you bought a 40K house... Food for thought, but the flame suit is on just in case:D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts