Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
friend of mine put stp injector cleaner in black bottle in lb7. believe cleaner has alchol in it, after this he drove 25 miles and now truck will crank but not start. cleaner did not say diesel on bottle! he got started one time, he turned 2500 rpm then engine died as if fuel cut off.
can anyone help him?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would check the fuel filter 1st. He may have filled it up with nasty stuff. I would also like to know how full the fuel tank was when he put it in. You may be able to dilute it if the tank was low. I would put a call into STP and ask them what issues it may cause with diesel. Sounds like he may have done bad things.. May have to drain and flush the system, hard to say without knowing what exactly he put in there.:think:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
What he said... start at the filter, hopefully you can dilute the stuff down, if not try the filter and hope that it works, if not drain and flush.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks to all, found filter to be choked completly with a foamy substance which believe is chemical reactio of diesel and stp. thanks

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I know it does'nt help anything, but why would anyone put something into something as expensive as one of our motors without first completely checking out the product?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts