Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed last week when I started my truck the gauges did not come alive, restarted the truck and all was fine. 3 days later same thing. I started it up yesterday and it seem like it turned over kind of slow but I thought maybe I was just hearing things, I drove about 70 miles and made three stops and the truck started everytime with no problems. I get up this morning and start the truck and once again no gauges, so I shut it off and it would not restart. I get out the jumper cables and she fired up, but no gauges.
Something is going on here, anyone ever hear of such a thing? I drove around the block shut her off, then restarted with no problems except!! still no gauges.
I will be calling Eric on monday. Anyone have a clue as to what my problem could be?

My truck has 7,003 miles on it and is bone stock.Edited by: SteelMastiff

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a 01 Chevy 2500 Ext Cab 8 ft bed do something like that. I would be driving down the road and the whole dash would go dead. Later down the road it came back on. Until it stayed off and the transmission would only shift to second gear. Turned out it was the ingition switch. I noticed it early on but that is when we had a cold snap in Ohio and I thought it was the cold causing it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would say it is definitely the ignition switch. My sons Blazer did the same thing, except the other way around. The engine would not run but everything else worked fine. It was a bad contact, 1 out of 6.

One thing is for sure, with only 7K miles on the clock, it is the dealer’s problem!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had intermittent guages when my truck was new. Also had flickering headlights. According to my dealer it was all due to poor grounding of electrical. 20 minute fix, and never happened again. --SS

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the fuse out for the DIC/INS and put it back and the gauges came to life. The weird thing is I only lose the gauges and not the DIC, you would think if they use the same fuse I would lose them both unless there is a relay switch causing the problem. I really want to know what is killing my batteries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts