Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you are going to rip into me but I am going to ask anyway. Is there a programmer out there that I could De-Tune my Duramax. Just trying to maybe get some better fuel milage?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
some will give you better mileage, and more power. juice boast 1-2 mph

·
Registered
218 Posts
I recommend buying the Juice and setting it on four. If that doesn't help, I'd try propane. If that doesn't work, go for nitromenthane........that'll deball it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Detuning is usually never the answer to better mileage. With less power you make the engine work harder to do the same work. More power and a light foot on the pedal will give you better economy.

The problem??? When you have that extra power it's hard to use that light foot!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Lighter weight, lower ride height (aerodynamics), higher tire air pressure (reduced drag) and synthetic fluids (reduced friction) are the best ways I know to increase milage. Like other have said though, the good tuners do increase milage by a small amount.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Usually the only real way to increase mileage in a vehicle without changing parts is by increasing timing. A lot of the boxes/programmers do this. IMHO viewed purely from economics the pay back time would be excessively long. You'd do better running skinny tall tires or something. Personally I'm very pleased with the mileage the truck delivers as is. I don't know of any real way to substantually increase mileage without spending a lot of money compared to the potential return or degrading the utility of the truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts