Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some failed light bulbs behind the dashboard. I have never removed this dashboard before and was wondering if anyone had instructions or pics of dashboard removal?

Thanks,

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Deadeye said:
I have some failed light bulbs behind the dashboard. I have never removed this dashboard before and was wondering if anyone had instructions or pics of dashboard removal?

Thanks,

This is one of the easiest things to do .... The bezel (piece that goes around the entire dash area) pulls straight out by starting in on one corner and work your way around .... Be assertive but not over bearing when pulling out .... Tilt wheel all the way down and move shift lever all the way down into first gear ....

The balance will be explanatory on it's on ....

Now which bulbs are burnt ?? There aren't many that can be serviced perhaps one or two in the cluster that I recall .... Balance are solder in and will result in replacement of entire switch assembly ....

Have fun .....

Mac

·
Registered
692 Posts
are the lights in the cluster if so there is no way to change them the cluster would have to be sent to the dealer. as with the hvac module is a replacement as well.
to access them tilt the wheel down shift the shifter to 1 and grab the cluster trim piece and pull its tight but comes out easy. 4 screws hold the cluster and harness .

·
Registered
211 Posts
Watch for the small rubber tips on the bezel. It is easy to knock them off when pulling it off. I believe they touch the cluster. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get it apart.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
patrick said:
are the lights in the cluster if so there is no way to change them the cluster would have to be sent to the dealer. as with the hvac module is a replacement as well.
to access them tilt the wheel down shift the shifter to 1 and grab the cluster trim piece and pull its tight but comes out easy. 4 screws hold the cluster and harness .

The problem is the light behind the switch that controls inside circulation vs the circulation from outside. This is on the panel below the Audio system and just below the fan switch. is there a way to remove this bezel without removing the dashboard?

Thanks,

·
Registered
687 Posts
The whole bezel surrounds the instrument cluster, 4x4/headlight switches, radio, HVAC controls, etc. The bezel as Mac has described is the first step to taking off the HVAC control head. The control head is in there with a couple 4.2mm screws (7mm heads).

As for those lights, you may be snookered. I don't think there are any serviceable lights in there. I may be wrong, but I don't think I have seen any.

May want to check a service manual (found free at most librarys, or just ask here and someone may be nice to ya) before you go through the process.

HTH, MN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts