Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Recently i had the TBC2A fuse blow on me a couple times (so far) causing only the instrument lights, fog light indicator and 4X4 leds to go dark. Both times the lights were fine when i shut the truck down but when i came back and started it again the lights were out. I searched the forum and found that there are several of us that have had this issue. The only two things common to them is that we all have the prodigy brake controller installed. Does anyone know if there is a problem with the controller and our trucks??

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update.

Just got my truck out of the shop. The tech changed the BCM and he said that the problem was solved... I am skeptical as i think they just changed it because they could not recreate the problem.

Just thought id let you guys know.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Wait and see now. Let us know how you made out.

·
Registered
468 Posts
What is a BCM? Is it some sort of fuse?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Body Control module....basically controls dash illuminating function(problem above), courtesy lights, locking etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had the same issue, the TBC2A blew 8 times in a week. Dealer tracked it down to an under the dash wire in the harness from the fuse block that was shorting intermittently to the body. It was fixed 3 weeks ago and no more fuses blown.

Another kudo to Mr. Goodwrench.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Good to hear they got it right for you guys the FIRST time....:D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Iv e had it happen too.

It happened right after I tied my gauges into a switch to turn the lights on and off.

Before i never had a problem with it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts