Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to throw this out there to the all GMT400 owners. I was looking for new instrumentation for my 95 and ran across a company who makes digital clusters for 1940-1998 Chevy/GMC Trucks. If anyone wants to know PM me but then you probably know already. I have not seen any topics on this maybe it would be a good one to have since we all use the same clusters I believe.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well 95+ use the same cluster for the most part I think there are some subtle differences . 93-94 are different and 88-92 are different yet.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I located a company who build digital clusters for our trucks and older ones.

·
Registered
219 Posts
since we all use the same clusters I believe.
I was mainly responding to this portion of your first post. I should have pointed that out. I would like to change out my gauges for something more modern looking but for me its not in the budget. Do they give a price for them?

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was mainly responding to this portion of your first post. I should have pointed that out. I would like to change out my gauges for something more modern looking but for me its not in the budget. Do they give a price for them?
around $750-$800 for the parts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Damn they are proud of them.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dakota is the name

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would consider spending the money for their digital upgrade if my cluster was toast and I couldn't find another option. To just buy it for an upgrade, not so much.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand that totally. I feel the same also, It would be great to have if I couldn't find another option. It's a big chunk to pay but it looks awesome. It uses an ethernet cable I believe.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Just FYI. As far as I know. Dakota Digital Dashes only come with the Wait to start light. Other diesel specific lights are not there. Like WIF and STS. Might have to contact them to verify. Also They are not plug and play.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I myself prefer the factory look, but finding the factory gauges, (including tach) for a 93 diesel is like finding hens teeth. I've seen gas (early 80s style) ones at the swap meets for $200 or more a few years back, but they need work to convert to oil. And I'm sure they're even worse today. But I can't see spending over $700 for a truck that is barely worth that as a hole. To each his own, I guess.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I can see it on a high dollar build or a swap application like a Dmax or cummins, easily. I just want my ****ing fuel gauge to work right, tho dood

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I hear ya T. Nothing more frustrating, than driving a vehicle with a busted gauge. Did it for too long.

Reactions: Tr00b
1 - 13 of 13 Posts