Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking it in for the FOURTH TIME !! still no fix !!. This is what the service tech says is going on High Pressure side of the brake booster was hitting the intermediate steering shaft causing the rattle high pressure line from brake booster hitting acumlator repostioned high pressure line. They hear the noise and says it's fixed, This only happens when in drive, but at a stop with the brake on, when let off no sound. I have to push down on the dash to stop the noise, but it comes back. This is driving me crazy. I guess I will take it to a different GMC dealer :mad:

Anybody else with this problem ???

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Mine has a dash rattle and it's gotten worse the more times I've taken the dash apart.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
All 3 of the Dmax's I have had (02, 04, 06), have done that top dash panel vibration crap. Sometimes there, sometimes not...Other times seems to do it more when cold. I pretty much ignore it now. Never looked for it either.

The only thing I can suggest, if the top of the dash has been off before, all the slide in clips attatched to the panel that are up by the windshield may not be all slid under. Sometimes they can be tricky if not really taking some time to make sure they all go in.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i had a dash rattle only when cold afet taking it to the dealer 3 times and no fix o thay did work but did not fix it:rolleyes: so i decided to take 5 minute of my time and look i gound the xm radio module i think its at the right side of the dash and it was not pushed on all the way to the bracket slipped a pry bar up there and popped it back on no more noise here.

·
Registered
846 Posts
My dash has a rattle when its cold, somewhere on the right hand side...it can't be an XM module though since I dont have XM

·
Registered
706 Posts
i also had a rattle sounded like metal on metal high pitch noise. went out side of the truck and hit the tire with hammer to simulate road bumps and the bottum half of my bumper (the painted part) is held on with clips and then pushed them back in worked for awile so then i used silicone grease and no more rattles. noise was coming into cab sounded like it was coming from dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts