Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just on MBRP new site they now have a full 5" system with 6"tips, even thre front pipe is 5"!!

Can't justifey that upgrade when I already have the 4"system

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
You would not see a gain going with the 5" system anyway. Cool factor is definately there, but performance is not.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya sure? I run a little more Hp than the average user, but if its only to reduce EGT's I don't have that problem anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New 5"

I just installed the Mbrp 5" last thursday. It's a cat back so you probably already know that with the kitty still hanging around, there is not much room for any gains. I have seen a slight drop in egt according to my edge but nothing to write home to mother about. The sound level is nearly stock. The system went on without a hitch and yes the looks are awesome, IMO. I've got some pics on my garage if you want to take a peak. Looking for a front pipe with flange now. P.S. From what I have found out, the turbo back flavor of this system has a 4" pipe off the turbo because a 5" won't fit. It transistions to a 5" after the 4-bolt. So if you have a 4" turbo back already, it might pay to go with the cat back system.:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Tempus,
Does your 5" system have the four bolt flange on it following the cat pipe? I have been looking at 5" systems, but none of them seem to have this flange. I may never need it, but if I would ever have to put the cat back on for service or anything, I would like to not have to replace the entire exhaust back to original just to have it on. May have to look at MBRP if this is the case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes it does. There should be a picture of it on My Garage. Looking for the best price on a flanged down pipe now. MBRP # gmal401 aluminized version of the 4" front cat delete pipe with flange.:cool:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
damn 5 inch with a 6 inch tip that has to be huge

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
that 5 inch system looks like a second drive line under your truck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anybody care to tell the price of the MBRP 5" system? I am guessing it is more than Summit and others, but would like to know how much more.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Diesel Performance Parts lists the whole system,incl front pipe, for around $470, on their website. I'd guess a cat back system would be a bit less.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had priced the aluminized 5" exhaust one on DPP's website, and even PM'd Mark about it a while back. I didn't think that it had the four bolt flange, however. I will have to look again to see if I just missed it.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
The only one they list is the complete system. There is also a 4 bolt flange cat back for 01-05 and a slip joint cat back for 06. I know the cat back would be cheaper, but I don't know by how much.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Is that short, stubby 6" piece their idea of a 6" tip? :rolleyes: Needs to be longer and go under further, IMO. Looks like an afterthought or something you'd buy in the checkout line at the autoparts store located right by the Little Tree air fresheners. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.