Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oct. 25.

This will be a brand diesel event. Everything Diesel is invited. The bigger the promised turnout, the bigger the event will be, the more prizes we have to offer.
So far, we are trying to get Quad Boenker, from Quadzilla to come out and lay down some high HP number (claiming 500HP) with his '03 D/A.

Oct. 24. we will be having a cruise around, looking for local gassers to whoop on, and just take in some local night hang-outs, and street racing.

I plan to be there Oct 24, and I'll be getting a room, so I can arrive at the dyno early on the 25th.

Here are some more details....

The Dyno is the current model Dynojet with the most up to date software that the manufacturer has released. The guys at the shop are very competent and willing to do the pulls any way we want. I spoke to the shop manager today to ask how many trucks they could do in a day. He said at the grand opening they did free dyno service and they did 85-86 gassers that day. I imagine they can accommodate us.

Prices: $35 for 3 Pulls

Dyno Services
http://www.modernmusclecartechnologies.com/

This is the track we will run.
http://www.redlineraceway.com/

The track is less than 10 minutes away and is an IHRA sanctioned 1/8th mile track that generally has very good track prep.

Local Hotels......

Country Inn & Suites-Carlson
689 Interstate 30
Rockwall, TX
972-722-3332

Holiday Inn
996 Interstate 30
Rockwall, TX
972-722-3265

Overnite Inn & Suites
209 Interstate 30
Rockwall, TX
972-772-0533

Super 8 Motel
1130 Interstate 30
Rockwall, TX
972-771-9922

You can e-mail me at, [email protected]

or Contact,

Wes Snow, (Event director)
(480) 229-9765
(903) 520-3582
[email protected]

Thanks,
Merrick Cummings Jr

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like it is going to be a big Diesel get together next month. I'm gonna show up and see how much hp my combo is making at 80psi. Hope a bunch of yall Duramax guys show up too.

Horace

·
Registered
817 Posts
SAWEEEET!!!!!!!! That's a whole 15 minutes from me

Count me in. I don't expect to be close to Battering Ram, but I would like to know what she'll do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BassinRVer,

Just so we are perfectly clear, Horace has a 2001 Dodge Ram.

Although ATS had their D-Max Twinned, and were most likely running similar boost pressure, they ran into some engine longevity problems, and I'm not sure if the truck has been fixed yet or not.

BTW, We plan to have trophies for highest HP, and door prizes.

Thanks,
Merrick Cummings JrEdited by: MCummings

·
Registered
210 Posts
Count me in. Sounds like a great time. Where do we sign up??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As of now, Just say you'll be there.

Hopefully, we will get a sign-up sheet started soon.

Thanks for the support guys,
Merrick Cummings Jr

·
Registered
178 Posts
Guys,

If you want to get signed up then give me a call. I'm going to try and get a ballpark number for attendance so I can pass it on to the dyno shop.

Thanks,

Wes Snow

SMDiesel

(903)520-3582

(480)229-9765

·
Registered
405 Posts
I want to make it, but I am on-call that weekend so I have to take it minute by minute...

Wes - I'll call you when I get a chance.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey folks just wanted to let everybody know this event is still on and is growing bigger every day.

The North Texas Powerstokes club plans to attend as well as tons of other trucks.

One of the things we plan to work on at the event is an all brands diesel club for ALL of us (GM, Dodge, Ford) to be able share information and also our competitive spirit.

Gotta get back to building a set of 5" duals for somebody and a set of stacks after that.

Later,

Wes

·
Registered
817 Posts
Crawler,

What's the schedule look like? What time is all the fun starting? Just found out I have a kid's birthday party at 3:00 that afternoon.
I want to make sure I can get my truck on the dyno. I am so excited, I can hardly wait!

·
Registered
178 Posts
The dyno runs start a 9:00a.m. I already have some of the first slots reserved by people who have sent in reserves. If you want to dyno early it souldn't be a problem. We're trying to have our early people their BY 8:00 so we can get waiver signed trucks lined up etc...

If you want a reserved slot give me a call

(480)229-9765

(903)520-3582

I may be out in the shop so if you don't get me be sure to leave a message.

Thanks,

Wes

·
Registered
817 Posts
Robert, we have kids birthday parties seems like every week. There was one weekend we had 3.

Wes, yes I would like to reserve a spot as well. I'll call you later today. I need to get my cell out of the truck as the phone system here at work doesn't like your numbers.

ChrisEdited by: chuntag95

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.