Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm in the process of breaking in my '03 D/A and am considering the quad box so I can adjust for the H2 wheels I'm getting soon. Since I dont' have gauges/intake/exhaust yet either, I'll run either no tune or a very low tune until I have gauges.

My question is with the various boxes available, can any of you describe the difference from stock in normal driving. I suspect if you floor it there will be loads of power on tap, I'm just curious if it's as noticable when simply passing on the highway and or taking off from a light at part throttle.

Thanks,

-Ken

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Ken,

I have the normal Juice and in level one normal driving there is even a difference. I find myself waiting for the engine to warm up for it to turn on just to "keep up with traffic" like I like to
..... Passing is incredible and in all the levels the power is from start to finish... not like in chipped gassers it only in top end..... enjoy!

·
Registered
96 Posts
With the tow Quad tuner, you would be ok at level 2 with out gauges. I have not seen any high temps with this tune unless I have my RV hitched up and on a long pull. It will tell you if other than tow level (level1) you should have gauges. It will still give you a kick when you get into it.

Do a search on the forum, lots of great info!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I tow a 7000lb trailer on level 4. It usually runs 900 between 70-80mph and only goes higher when I don't slow down on very steep grades, or getting up to speed on the on-ramp. These temps were before I was completly stock (no intake or exhaust). I wouldn't recommend doing this without guages, but the level 2 setting should be fine if your not a lead-foot in the mountians.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts