Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at a new GMC Dmax. I was wondering what is the max power you can get in a daily driver setup. ie. what level can I run say a Hot Juice on and not have to keep a close I on my pyro.

Thanks

Lynn

·
Registered
706 Posts
For simply driving around town/highway there really is no concern for EGT's no matter what level you run.

You will be doing warp speed before EGT's become a serious issue.

Towing a load is a different story, given GCVW and terrian, Hills, mountain pass etc. level 2 HJ is about it.

So towing say 360 HP or so. If you use a HJ w/ Attitiude monitor the EGT's are even less of an issue, monitor will babysit your EGT's and back down to avoid over temp.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I run my 215quad as a daily driver and have no problems, unless going up a steep grade with hammer down or getting really into it for a long period. This past week i ran the 215qaud stacked with the edge comp with 1000lb plow hanging off the front, and 3000lbs in the box and i didn't see the pyro hit 1200. Now i wasn't driving like i ussually do(lunitic speed), but i wasn't drivin like an old man either. Outside temps were 15F to -30f though.

From what i have seen you should be allright runnin the 125 daily without egt concerns, but once you get on that throttle either going up a hill or towing something or just a wot run better keep an eye on it. If a module was the only upgrade i was to do though(no air intake, exhaust, or tranny) i would stick with the 90 hp juice and you SHOULD be more than happy and safe.

Quadzilla tuners work great too, and run a bit cooler than others that i have ran. To each there own. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what would the acutal RWHP of just running the Quad 215 be?? Would the Alison hanldle that ??

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
turbo lcc said:
So what would the acutal RWHP of just running the Quad 215 be?? Would the Alison hanldle that ??

THE ALISON WILL ONLY HANDLE IT AFTER INSTALLING THE TRANSGO KIT,

TO ANSWER YOUR ? ABOUT THE RWHP I DONT KNOW I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MYSELF

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What price range is the transgo kit? and any ideas as to the max RWHP it will handle???

Also it this still needed with the updates to the allison in 04?

Thanks for the information

LynnEdited by: turbo lcc

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
turbo lcc said:
I have been looking at a new GMC Dmax. I was wondering what is the max power you can get in a daily driver setup. ie. what level can I run say a Hot Juice on and not have to keep a close I on my pyro.

Thanks

Lynn

If you run the Juice/Attitude combo, the Juice will watch the pyro for you...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the Edge taking care of the pyro for me.. does the truck defuel??

Basically I am just trying to get an idea of what type of RWHP I can see with a Dmax and not have EGT issues. i.e) my dodge has ~430rwhp.. but the EGTs are out of control - the settings I drive daily on is ~350rwhp and I have no EGT issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts