Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows the milage in the diesel vans? I am looking at one and just looking for some real world numbers to compare to see if it's worth the extra coin.

·
Registered
702 Posts
were you able to find a passanger van model with the Duramax? or only the work truck stripped down model?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
were you able to find a passanger van model with the Duramax? or only the work truck stripped down model?
According to the GM web site, the Duramax is only available in the work vans, not on the passenger vans. However, I'm sure that upfitters will get the stripped down vans and create some very nice passenger rigs.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking at a cargo van anyways. They are avail in the cargo and cut aways.

·
Registered
463 Posts
20+ highway

I have a 2006 GM Savanna Cargo Van with LLY duramax.

On my first long distance trip, I got over 21+ highway when limiting my speed to 50-55. The manual said not to exceed 55 during the first 500 miles so I did not. This is with D2

I get around 17 city driving with D2

Then I pumped b20, but I did not measure the mileage.

After this tankful of B20, I pumped D2 again and got 19.4 when running 70-80 highway. I guess the B20 may have improved lubricity for this test, since I expected lower results because it was really aggressive driving.

I testing b20 mileage now again.

My van has 3200 miles on it so I understand it can improve some more

Jojo

·
Registered
62 Posts
wow, where are you located? I live in Ohio and it has been cold. I get 15-17 on my express and now have over 10k miles. 19 mpg would be great!

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just brought it home, 26,000
It drives very nice and the motor is quiet and it feels strong.

·
Registered
463 Posts
wow, where are you located? I live in Ohio and it has been cold. I get 15-17 on my express and now have over 10k miles. 19 mpg would be great!
I'm in Atlanta. I think I get good mileage because I baby the Van. no hard accelerations and I try to let off the accelerator if possible. Also, I think B20 lubricated it for the 19.4 result. I was very surprised at it myself.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just brought it home, 26,000
It drives very nice and the motor is quiet and it feels strong.
Joey,

You got a good price for your Van. Mine cost me $28,500 after all the incentives. Did you buy the Cargo Van or Cutaway? Where did you buy yours?

Jojo

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's just a cargo van, options are locking rear axle and cloth seats. Mirak Chevy in Arlington MA. It was an internet special for some reason and they were not sure why and didn't know about it when I went there to see it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts