Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I typed up a big post at the hotel in Boise but the hotel server ate it. I will try again.

We got the truck all done a week before the trip and it worked prefectly. Pulled like a Monster the whole trip. Rain, Wind and 6,000ft hills. EGTs never got over 1,260 with only 24PSI. I cranked the Kennedy Boost valve a turn out side of La Grand and it came down some but would still get up if I pushed it up a long hill....But I was usually doing 85+ by then with the loaded truck and trailer :D

We got 13-15MPG bucking up to 60MPH head winds. They were hard enough they blew a tanker clean off the road.

We set out on the first leg from Monroe(seattle area) to Boise. Nice day we left at 8am and made Boise at 5:30Pac time with a two hour stop in Yakima. We dropped the car off at Kimbles for the night and went for dinner and drinks ;)

Next day we packed up, loaded and headed for Wendover. We dropped the T/A in Wendover and headed to ELY to pick up the Vette and hauled it back to Windover for the race.

We played for the next few days. Classes, qualifying and Practice runs. Nothing like running for fun on a public Hiway ..... LEGALY!:D

On race day we won the 120MPH class with a 119.961MPH average over 101.6 miles in two legs. Not only did we win our class we won best rookies! We Met a ton of great people and made many new friends. we WILL be back!

The Next day(Hang over in hand) we headed out of Wendover at 8am sharp and Hauled it hard all day. We did have one run in with a stock 00+ Cummins who was empty. I thought I was going to have to push him out of the way at one point in a truck passing zone. Him Matted to the floor as we rolled on by loaded :D All we wanted was past the trucks doing 45MPH! He did a ricer fly by at the next truck passing zone :D

We never found a scale we could get a read on but I am figuring at least 15-16,000. Texas Roll Back with Blown TransAm and all our gear and 35 gallons of race fuel.

We rolled back into Monroe at 10:30Pm.

The only Issue was loosing a screw out of the MAF on my Banks CAI. I zip tied it back on and kept going. The truck pulled like a trooper!

If anyoen is interested here are the pics we took on the trip

Thanks to everyone who helped with advise and parts selection!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Nice Job, that sounds like alot of fun.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Again congrats Ellis. You guys did good.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks every one. If you ever get a chance go check it out!

What I know about the Corvair is it went 200MPH with a a SBC ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts