Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we will let dmaxallitech be the councler and lets start the testimonies.........hi my name is patrick and i dont own a d/max wish i did yet work on them every day.. it all started with the smell of diesel and a wrench......now im hooked........wife still loves me but tired of all the talk and looks i give her as she screams buy with stage5.......j/k....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I own. and I am not embarassed. Sometimes I sneak out at night and touch it. I can't help it, it gives me that funny feeling. I drive for thrill and comfort. When I park it, I feel a longing for more miles. I am hooked. I hope there is no cure!

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I own, and therefor I worship.. ok, maybe not. For those of your who dont know the truth behind me, I frankly had 0 interest in Diesels until I purchased my own, I didnt care to work on them and I hated the smell. Now, the funny thing.... I purchased my truck because of one thing, I liked the color, and it happen to have a Diesel in it, other then that could have give a chit. Thats the honest truth. So, you can thank GM for producing a Marine Blue for all of my input. Of course, I have learned quite a bit in the 18 months I have been working/owning a D-max

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've tried hard to stay away....to keep the miles down, but I'am torn between wanting...no make that craving to just jump behind the wheel and have a taste, just a small sip Ohh the power it gives me, spin a tire or 2, turn a few heads or to just suppress the urges and keep the warranty going just a few weeks longer.

I've managed to control my urges during the week for the sake of the wife and kids, but every weekend it's the same old thing and I can't fight it anymore, come Friday night when the wife says I need a loaf of bread or milk or something small....I jump in the truck and head to the store, meaning to come right back, but it's the long way home for me every time, when I get home dinner is almost over and I am in trouble for coming home late with the smell of diesel all over me.

Then Sat. morning it's up early, wash the truck and ask repeatedly if anyone has any errands to run, "I'll take you I say to anyone who will listen", then we are off on a shopping binge and not home until late Sat. night. Sunday it's the same thing, try to extend the binge, make up excuses to go to a far away store to shop or look at something you don't need. By Sunday night I am red eyed and worn out, reeking of diesel fumes, but a big smile and off to bed I go promising myself to not touch the truck all week and to try and keep my job and family...I need help....I am a truckaholic!

Disclaimer:

OK no offense to anyone who has or has had a drinking problem and this is just meant as a parady and I mean no one any harm by this. I can be sensitive to others plights, but This darn truck is fun!

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm soooo depressed! Can I have a one on one session?

B

·
0 Posts
My wife drove my Truck/Love today for the first time (with out me in it with her). I felt like I was sending one of my children (I Have 3) off with a stranger (we have been maried 15 years). I went to the truck window twice before she drove off, to tell here DO'S and DONT'S. I still watched as she drove out of sight. When she retuned with it, I swear I started breathig again.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have been deployed overseas since November. I only got to enjoy her for 2 months. Closest thing to her here is a 2000 GMC 3500 with a 6.5 and a big ol set of stairs on the back. I need a fix!!!!! Edited by: mike634

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mike 634....OK you win! LOL

·
Registered
132 Posts
This thread has got to me. I've got to come clean and confess my sinful past. I have not been faithful. I've slept with many diesels over the years. These nights of "fumed" passion have occured at more truck stops and loading docks than I care to admit! Many of these events took place while I was under the influence of old coffee or diet coke. Yes it's true, I'm a coke head!--------------BUT!!!!!!!! Now I've found the strength to clean up my act and change my ways! I HAVE MY DMAX!!!! I have told her about my past and promised her to always be faithful. She told me that she loves me too and said that she would always be there for me! I feel like a new man.--------Phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts