Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna build a 6.5 n/a.

Currently have 1 6.5 n/a toast and 1 turbo toast.

Between the two motors i cant make 1 good one.

Turbo motor has best block and only needs 1 sleeve lmfao!

What differences are there internally. I would think that turbo eng has less compression than n/a motor so would use crank and rods from turbo motor if they were stronger and pistons from n/a motor.

Is there any advantage to run turbo heada on n/a?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I don't think the engine is different between the turbo and non-turbo 6.5. It's different between years. '92-'93 21:1, '94-'98 21.5:1, '99 19:1 but a 6.5 without a turbo would need headers to be responsive.Edited by: quantum mechanic

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pm but i think i screwed it up..Any how my 6.5 n/a motor has flat tops and my turbo motor has reliefs tending me to think that the compression is lower in the turbo motor.

I have no desire to build a turbo motor as i think i have enough trouble already. Just wondering if the crank and rods from the turbo are stronger in the turbo due to the added stress, if they are not it doesnt surprise me.

Same question for the heads which are better and why. If i put them on my n/a motor what is the benefit. This will be a mechanical motor with a 4911 pump or a derivative of same. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
584 Posts
NOt sure sorry. I would set it up with a turbo thos just personal Opinion and fella says " I don't need no stinking turbo" but he admits that Diesels do run better turboed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts