Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 05 duramax occasionally the engine limits me to 2000 rpms wont let me go above it. its happened 3 or 4 times from first starting the truck and after ive already been driving. it seems to fix itself after being shut off for awhile but dont know why. truck has edge with attitude and has 13000 miles any answers?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I would remove the edge and see if it still does it. If so, leave the edge off and take it to a dealer and see what codes are in it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you heard of problems like this before?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
P1093

Most likely. Our Pressure Relief Valves tend to stick, and it throws the code, and "limps home" the engine computer.

Replace your fuel filter, as a dirty fuel filter can also 1093.

Do a search on P1093 and McRat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll give that a try but only 13000 miles and a dirty filter?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Well, there have been problems caused by Edge, so I usually eliminate that first since its a simple 2 connector deal.

And as McRat said, a filter or something can cause it, but I would still get the codes checked just to make sure thats all it is.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Should change fuel filter every 10k at the most, some do them every oil change, but at least every 10k.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
didnt know they got changed that often this is my first diesel. i never hardley changed the one in my gas motor. thanks

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
gas motors are usually every 30k, but this engine pulls the fuel from the tank. Pretty much all of your gas motors have a pump in the tank.

So the filter cant have any restriction, or the pump cant pull enough fuel

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
i'll give that a try but only 13000 miles and a dirty filter?
It's a fact of Diesel Life. Diesel fuel often has more contaminates than gasoline does, and has to be filtered much finer than gasoline does.

The holes in your injectors are about the dia of a thick human hair, or the thickness of a sheet of paper. Gas injectors have relatively large holes in them.

There are several threads about the easiest way to change filters. You should keep an extra one in stock in your garage.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mcrat you said stock ran a 16.7 mine runs a 17.0 with the edge on it is there something wrong with my truck?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
mcrat you said stock ran a 16.7 mine runs a 17.0 with the edge on it is there something wrong with my truck?
Go by MPH through the traps to see HP.

Remember the Edge does not work until the water temp is high enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts