Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02' Duramax Diesel HD/Allison crewcab will cut out at 95mph. I guess this is a factory setting? Can I remove it? If so what is involved?

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can remove it with various "tuners".... I have a Quadzilla 110hp tuner..it removes the speed limiter and allows you to correct your speedo for tire changes.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
so will the predator......but I have both and like the quad better

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
HDINNC said:
My 02' Duramax Diesel HD/Allison crewcab will cut out at 95mph. I guess this is a factory setting? Can I remove it? If so what is involved?
Sloooooooooow down ......

Quad tuner removes speed governor pretty slick too ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
94 Posts
I learned the same thing while passing a line of cars. Fortunately I was able to complete the pass despite this limiter. What is the lowest price unit that can remove the limiter? I already have the juice w/attitude and don't need any further performance.

SteveEdited by: SteveCA

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
i would go with either the Quad Stealth or the Bully Dog Power Programmer, both do the same things and howl like a coyote on full crank!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I can only speak for the Quad Stalth and my experince with the tuner, Quadzilla and Quad make me very happy. I don't always get it right the first time!! I credit the place and posts like this with giving the insight into making better decisions.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
the ATS copilot also gets rid of the top speed limiter

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">power pup and va110 stacked with a small tranny upgrade, works very impressive
</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts