Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This box was built by "killerbee" here on the site. All 3/4" mdf and is built like a brick **** house.....if you want pics pm me.

holds 2 10's..box hits nice and clean......box needs carpet and subs..

575 shipped to your front door via UPS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i would have to agree with him crap i paid 500 out the door for the box to be built brackets cut in the truck and they put 3 jl audio 10w1s in the box, carpeted and wired ready to go.

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
Per request:

The sub enclosure is a custom 11 panel enclosure for the Crew Cab specific. I would challenge anyone to be able to produce an SQ enclosure that comes close to being resonance free. The tools I use to build them total in excess of $3000. But there isn't enough money to purchase the know-how. You get what you pay for. The shipping for this box is more than the paper mache product you can get elsewhere. Density comes with a price.

The box he is selling is cheap. It has been modeled, then SPL tested for flatness in the chosen application.

Kids, go elsewhere if you want cheap. This is going to be the highest SPL, flattest response you will get in a seat back application. These are science concepts the average under-20 subwoofer crowd can not appreciate.

·
Banned
6,537 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
how many different subs will that box hold? there cant be more than about 4.5" of mounting depth.

·
Registered
82 Posts
KB or NorCal - how many cubic feet of air are in this encosure and what drivers did you design it for? I'm wondering if it will work for me or not.

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
.7 each side. Seperate compartments, so if one driver blows, the other has a fighting chance without overexcursion consequences. The "right" way to build it.

The depth is limited to 4.75" IIRC, maybe 5". The space behind the seat is at minimum. There is a high power audiobahn compression type driver that would do well. But for SQ, the Peerless XLS is about as good as a "behind the seat" application will get. And I modeled a lot of drivers. 300-350 RMS, at 3.5 ohm, I use a stereo amp, or a 2 ohm stable mono amp.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ditto. I don't know why people think they can take any old box and shove any old woofer in there and have it sound good. If they took the time to do some research and get a properly engineered sub enclosure for the drivers they wanted to use, they would be amazed by the difference in sound quality and output. :exactly:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.