Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys.. Sad as it is, if my Dmax comes back from the shop and drives differently after the frame damage gets fixed i will probably be looking to replace it.-:t :( :( Since i can get a dodge for about 3-5k cheaper then what i can sell my truck for at the dealer auctions, i am seriously considering it. Ive heard some real good things about the cummins and some of them sound pretty nice. I duno how id like havin a dodge tho...need to redo the entire interior. but anyways...
What would it take to make an 03+ run consistant high 12s on just #2 and be a reliable daily driver
?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a friend with an 02 standard cab long bed. Banks 6 gun/speed loader, banks full exhaust, banks big head, snow perf water/meth, aftermarket intake(don't know which) with K&N, and manual 6 speed. He's running high 12's consistantly, and drives it every day. He's running stock lift pump and stock injectors, and hasn't seen any problems that I know of.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any tansmission mods? i was kind of looking at the 03 or 04s and i think theres a differnce in the engine..

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I think youd be best off with a 2nd gen. A 12 valve, like a 95. Im driving one now, a 95, while my tranny is sick in my Dmax and this thing rules. It gets great mileage and has no computer either. If you could find one in good shape, it'd be a gem.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont really like the way those look and they are alot noiser then the later models..
Those are definitly out of the question.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
:rolleyes:
I have a friend with an 02 standard cab long bed. Banks 6 gun/speed loader, banks full exhaust, banks big head, snow perf water/meth, aftermarket intake(don't know which) with K&N, and manual 6 speed. He's running high 12's consistantly, and drives it every day. He's running stock lift pump and stock injectors, and hasn't seen any problems that I know of.
He may be running high twelves in the 1/8 but not the 1/4.:rolleyes:

There are only a handful of trucks in the country that will run in the 13's with a handshaker, and a stock stick/turbo 02 dodge with a six-gun whatever won't even be close. You need big fuel(injectors) and big air(big single/n2O/twins) to run in the 12's with an 02 dodge.

Don't post lies.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Epitaph, it will cost you 3K+ more than a dmax in aftermarket stuff to get a 3rd gen dodge to run 12's. You can run 12's with the stock turbo on a dmax. You will need to upgrade the stock charger on a cummins to even get close. This is what separates the dmax from the cummins.

Yes Cummins trucks can be insanely fast, but it takes hard parts to get there. The beauty of the Dmax is that you can make 500HP without putting a wrench on the motor.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think your friend lied to you.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Why don't you take it back to the shop and tell them to fix the truck. That is what they were paid by insurance to do.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Check resale values!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
12's, no way. It's going to take more even to get into the 13's.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
12's, no way. It's going to take more even to get into the 13's.
Well, maybe we just fell off the boat last night:rolleyes: :idiot:

This one time... at band camp.....(snicker snicker)

·
Registered
326 Posts
:rolleyes:

He may be running high twelves in the 1/8 but not the 1/4.:rolleyes:

There are only a handful of trucks in the country that will run in the 13's with a handshaker, and a stock stick/turbo 02 dodge with a six-gun whatever won't even be close. You need big fuel(injectors) and big air(big single/n2O/twins) to run in the 12's with an 02 dodge.

Don't post lies.
Well, I haven't ever *seen* him run:rolleyes: , just what he said. I have ridden in his truck, and I will say it is pretty damn fast, but like I said, I haven't actually seen his times.

Just out of curiousity, what do you think he would run with that set-up? Maybe I'll put a little wager to him and see if I can get a bottle of Beam out of the deal.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think your friend lied to you.
After reading all this, it looks that way. HOWEVER, it might be a good thing, if I can figure out what he *should* run, then maybe I can let him embarrass himself. Or I can make him take a bet on his time and lose. He doesn't seem like t he type to make stuff up though, but I guess you never know...

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
After reading all this, it looks that way. HOWEVER, it might be a good thing, if I can figure out what he *should* run, then maybe I can let him embarrass himself. Or I can make him take a bet on his time and lose. He doesn't seem like t he type to make stuff up though, but I guess you never know...
If that is all he has, a Juicebox on your truck will annihilate him in the 1/4 mile.

So bet the bottle and drink up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If that is all he has, a Juicebox on your truck will annihilate him in the 1/4 mile.

So bet the bottle and drink up.
Oh, I wasn't thinking about racing him. Just getting him to bet his time and then fall on his face. A little good natured beat down never hurt anyone.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
With a handshaker he'll be lucky to run in the 15's. A big part of racing a handshaker diesel is the driver. If he knows how to launch it he may squeek out a run in the 15s.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts