Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys ever heard of a cummings powered harvester. Its a straight six. I'm curios to know what kind of turbo it might have on it. Very vague question I know but thats all the info I have to go on so far.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
It would help a lot to know what brand/model etc. I know that the case magnum tractors ran cummins motors.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
my 2388 case combine has the i6 cummins in it making 280hp on a mechanical pump, works great

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a sugarcane harvester and its a CAMCO. I was trying to find out what kind of turbo charger they came with.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It probably wouldn't be too hard to get the number to a CAMCO dealer and call them to ask. You might find your answer a little quicker.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So are there programers out there for tractors like for the diesels in trucks? My dad got a case 7130 this year and I was talking to someone that told me they have the same transmission and motor as the 8900 series tractors. So I was just wondering if they have different programing for the tractors or if the guy was filling me full of crap.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Our Komatsu excavators run Cummins engines. A Cummins does have a very distinct sound to it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The White 6125 and 6145 tractors ran the same 5.9 Cummins that Dodge uses. Probably different fuel and turbo maybe. The Whites that were larger than that went to a larger displacement. That is also the same way with the Case-IH 2388 combines....Cummins engine, but larger cu in. Also Ford-New Holland-Versatile tractors ran Cummins. Like the 945 and 975's. My buddy's dad had an old Massy Ferguson tractor with a 903 v8 Cummins. Was only doing like 260hp but it had more low end torque than any tractor that I've ever driven. He later added a turbo to it and pushed it to about 320hp, then started replacing clutches every year till he "retired" it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So are there programers out there for tractors like for the diesels in trucks? My dad got a case 7130 this year and I was talking to someone that told me they have the same transmission and motor as the 8900 series tractors. So I was just wondering if they have different programing for the tractors or if the guy was filling me full of crap.
If I remember correctly, the 7100's and 8900's did have the same engine and tranny designs but they were all mechanical. So about the only way to program them was to crank the hell out of the pump and try to get more boost. Bullydog makes programmers for the 8000 series John Deere tractors and newer combines but they went to electronic and computer controlled engines on them series.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i have a 92 komatsu endloader w/ an inline , 6 cummins just bought this summer, does not use oil, started up w/out either, or plugging it , when it was 0 degrees out, very happy with it..........roger

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
There are chips for newer tractors, older ones you just turn the injection pump up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts