Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, drove a friends cummins 600 4x4 today, although it was a six-speed and trucks are always an auto transmission affair with me I have to say I was very impressed with it's low end grunt. The truck had 3800 miles so I was able to flog it a little. With his straight-pipe it sounds just like a big-rig. All in all cummins are starting to jump out at me in traffic more and more. But then I hit the loud pedal on my D/A and send the mustang GT next to me home with no doors, turn on my bose satellite radio, and listen to my bully dog exhaust bellow and I think I'll hold on a little longer to the D/A. But come a year down the road when warranty's about out........

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah, I can't wait to straight pipe mine.
There is more luxury with the GM trucks.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts

Ah... I don't miss the radio in the 01 GMC

Now I'm sporten a Infinty 6-Disc changer that sounds a whole lot better. Got all the controls on the steering wheel.

I'm sure the Bose sounds good too. There was a time where no stock sytem would do for me and I'd go immediately with aftermarket stuff. I'm not as pickey about radios anymore as long as they play loud and clear.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
218 Posts
I originally ordered a gas.....Gm with the Bose stereo. I came to my senses and reordered with a diesel and non Bose stereo. When I went to pick up the diesel it was sitting in a bay unprepped and the saleman wasn't in, I wasn't thrilled. Anyway, I started talking with the sales manager and he pointed to the truck I originally ordered sitting out in the parking lot, I said let me take it for a blast while I wait for my other rig. Well the one thing I was truly dissapointed with was the stereo, my buddy couldn't believe it either. The 6.0 gas was a joke too, I couldn't burn more than ten feet of rubber, can you believe that. My buddy bought a diesel with the Bose a few months later and his Bose was much better than the loaner, go figure..

·
Registered
111 Posts
The infinity sound system in our dodges are made by alpine they are top notch especially if they are the infinity gold.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am going to be rich some day,and then I will buy me a Chevy/GMC and see for myself

I have had a Superduty which was awsome and two CTD/DODGE,I have to thank Ford for not making a good enough deal to me to sway me to Dodge

·
Registered
151 Posts
hoot said:

Ah... I don't miss the radio in the 01 GMC

Now I'm sporten a Infinty 6-Disc changer that sounds a whole lot better. Got all the controls on the steering wheel.

I'm sure the Bose sounds good too. There was a time where no stock sytem would do for me and I'd go immediately with aftermarket stuff. I'm not as pickey about radios anymore as long as they play loud and clear.

HOOT,I WANT A LARAMIE PACKAGE TOO

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just traded in my 2003 2500 250/450 for a new 325/600 what a beauty I had had trans problems but decided to give the heavy duty a try I hope I dont regret it.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Congratulations Red and welcome to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts