1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hands down CST.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I like my Fabtech,never tried a CST.What is better about the CST?

·
Registered
11 Posts
cst is a great lift i sell all other brands but cst is a better ride . plus a fabtech lift your front tires stick out further then the back. if you have the money go with cst 6-8 lift all you have to do is change keys to go from 6-8in. plus you can get a new upper control arm for dual shocks.lhe lift is around 3700 hundred. well worth it!!!!!!! www.cstsuspension.com

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
cst is a great lift i sell all other brands but cst is a better ride . plus a fabtech lift your front tires stick out further then the back. if you have the money go with cst 6-8 lift all you have to do is change keys to go from 6-8in. plus you can get a new upper control arm for dual shocks.lhe lift is around 3700 hundred. well worth it!!!!!!! www.cstsuspension.com
Out of curiosity,can you change the keys w/a fabtech or will the CV angle be too much?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Jumped it today, handled awesome, not really meant for it but i figure why not, it will probably see a little air in baja...

Upper Uniball arm is why CST is better

This lift and these wheels/tires/shock combo is going to run anywhere between $10-15K depending on what options you go for.

more pics here http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60984

·
Registered
49 Posts
When you consider the cost of lifts these days, you want to get the best product for the money. I know how I felt when I was looking at lifts for my rig. I researched lifts extensively prior to purchasing my CST lift. I' ll share a little background that helped me make my decision. I looked at all of the lifts that I was aware of that allow for a 37" tire for a Chevy. Fab Tech, Contigo, Full Throttle, and CST were the products that I looked at in detail.
I have been fortunate enough to have a good friend who builds off-road race cars, and sand rails. He used to build the lifts for Dick Cepek back in the day, so I have access to the correct information regarding scrub radius', king pin angles, bump steer, and suspension geometry in general.
I chose CST for several reasons. The first being, they take the transfer case and lower it. This allows the CV angles to remain within the factory tolerances. No extending the front axles, or any of that business. The upper control arm, which was mentioned in another post is a terrific design.
In my humble opinion CST created a superior product. You will not be disappointed if you run a CST lift.:ro)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I love the ride in my CST (fox shox duals up front.) The CST is a better built product. The components are built much better than the other companies I researched. I would not purchase the double cardon driveshaft for the stock one if you were to do any launching. The stock is built stronger. The double cardon can only be built so big. The output of the transfer is really close to the transmission, that is why they do not have a "heavy duty" double cardon.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I heard that ruff country is gonna come out with some new stuff, well they atleast had it at sema, like super beefy axles. IIRC

Jason

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CST lift

Thank you for all of your input, I was always leaning toward CST and now I think that I will go with CST. Thanks again.

·
Registered
243 Posts
CST. Iam Biased Though !!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Thank you for all of your input, I was always leaning toward CST and now I think that I will go with CST. Thanks again.
Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Actually there are some other benefits too like no blocks in the cst kit which gives you a MUCH better ride quality, also a one piece crossmember which probably holds alignment better and the lack of cv spacers which i have never liked.

I would also look at the bulletproof kits too. Granted they have more lift but they make a better product than both the cst and fabtech. believe it or not the bulletproof 12" on 40's rides better than my fab 8" on 37's.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have a CST and the kit and have blocks... Well I did not put the kit on, I purchased the truck with the kit.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have a CST and the kit and have blocks... Well I did not put the kit on, I purchased the truck with the kit.
Thats why you buy Deaver springs (or equivalent is not in CA) so you dont need blocks and actually get some travel out of the front end... ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Thats why you buy Deaver springs (or equivalent is not in CA) so you dont need blocks and actually get some travel out of the front end... ;)
Those springs are expensive:eek:. I checked into that a long time ago. I would rather save for the turbo.
When I was in Cali. I met whippleHD. He has a nice setup with a set of traction bars he made, deaver springs, and firestone airbags built on his traction bars. He takes his to glamis and gets off of the ground.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts