Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a '02 cab chassis , D/A , how difficult to add cruise control if it never had it . Also , is the wiring already there to add compass/temp rear view mirror . Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Don't know about the CC, but the wiring for the compass temp rear view mirror is not already there.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Cruise is easy to add.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max Power;1566585; said:
Cruise is easy to add.
Max , do you know what's involved , or where I can find out ?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You just need to buy the turn signal stock and install it. I can't remember for sure but you might have to extend the cruise control wires down to behind the main junction block. (4 wires total) I did one just the other day but it was an 06 and I had to extend the wires. Took me less then an hour.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
11,313 Posts
Installed cruise on my 3500. swap the old for the new lever, plug for plug.
You can get the mirror kits aftermarket

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well , I did the deed today , added cc switch and it works! FWIW , Checked with my parts guy and found out multi-function switch is specific to '01 and '02 . Doesn't matter if 1500 ,2500,3500 ,tahoe or suburban ,gas or diesel ,all the same , $385 list , '03+ is $125 . Found mine at the salvage yard for $100. It seems to be plug and play , didn't have to reflash . Now on to high idle and OD lockout . Thanks to all for you help and input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts