Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I finally became a member.
I've been visiting the site since October when I decided to trade my gasser for a diesel. I picked up my truck Nov. 3rd. I have gained a lot of knowledge through reading your posts. Unfortunately, as most of you know, this is costing me lots of $$$. I bought a filter from Nick. I called Con ordered an exhaust and juice w/attitude, at a great price I might add. Side steps, trailer brakes, mud flaps, floor liners... I guess I won't be looking under the Christmas tree for anything from my wife this year. Seriously guys GREAT SITE!!! We are all truly blessed to own and drive such a great truck.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Glad we were able to help you here.

I hope you are having fun with your new truck, post some PICS.......

Thanks for joining.........

T
NY

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure how to upload an image. It tells me the file size is too mucho.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Sorry your Christmas Tree is going to bare this year

What you could do is save all the boxes your new toys came in and wrap them. It works! The only thing is you do not have the fun of installing them...another brightside...stress free Day not having to worry about the install going south.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the truth about installs going south. Sometimes I think I should change my middle name to murphy as in Murphy's Law. It is reassuring to think I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
You are definately not the ONLY one!

·
Registered
612 Posts
2thdr said:
That is the truth about installs going south. Sometimes I think I should change my middle name to murphy as in Murphy's Law. It is reassuring to think I'm not the only one.

Understood
and can assure you that you have plenty of company in this area. Congratulations on your new truck!

Jim

·
Registered
194 Posts
It is a problem we all have, but it is too much fun to keep changing your truck, making more like you and nobody else. I guess you live once, so enjoy it as much as possible

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
That's why all of us stay in "trouble" with the wife.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hear that staying in "trouble" bit. Can you believe that my wife actually refered to our truck as a money pit! I explained that it is a financial investment, thank you.

I am having a bit of difficulty getting the OK for filtration, and a few other "protective" mods. It will be a stretch when I explain the benefits of putting the truck on steriods, opening up the exhaust a bit and adding gauges to get better milage (oh and a bit more HP too)
. I'm thinking a trip to the jewelry store may help the cause because just being sweet isn't working any more.

Mike

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
HisDMAX said:
I hear that staying in "trouble" bit. Can you believe that my wife actually refered to our truck as a money pit! I explained that it is a financial investment, thank you.

I am having a bit of difficulty getting the OK for filtration, and a few other "protective" mods. It will be a stretch when I explain the benefits of putting the truck on steriods, opening up the exhaust a bit "and adding gauges to get better milage (oh and a bit more HP too)
. I'm thinking a trip to the jewelry store may help the cause because just being sweet isn't working any more.

Mike

"I'm thinking a trip to the jewelry store may help the cause because just being sweet isn't working any more."

My wife was happy with a new 2003 Tahoe,

Although a small jewelery purchase would have been cheaper.

At least she supports my MODS fully, she already asked for a Juice for her 5300 V8, when I told her it wasn't available for a gasser her next Question was, "WELL what IS ???????"

Guess I'm LUCKY

T
NY

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a picture I took it in lower res. so it would fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
First try on a pic...........2 days old before any add ons.

·
Registered
612 Posts
[/QUOTE]

"I'm thinking a trip to the jewelry store may help the cause because just being sweet isn't working any more."

My wife was happy with a new 2003 Tahoe,

Although a small jewelery purchase would have been cheaper.

At least she supports my MODS fully, she already asked for a Juice for her 5300 V8, when I told her it wasn't available for a gasser her next Question was, "WELL what IS ???????"

Guess I'm LUCKY

T
NY

[/QUOTE]

Having had the pleasure of meeting the lady of your house, all I can say is AMEN
and understood!

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts