Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, if the Crazy Larry tune on the triple dog is actually 230HP, on the LBZ. Because I know on the LLY its not.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Bully Dog is not 230rwhp.

Perhaps 180rwhp at best.

Both the PPE tuner and McRat EFILive tuning is about 220rwhp on a Superflow. Bully Dog cannot touch these.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Not worth the time to download, i spent alot of time trying to make it work when it was the only option for the LBZ. I found no gains from the extreme and felt like it was alot harder on the engine and drivetrain. You may have better luck.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
The crazy larry tune has way too much timing rattle and the engine sounds terrible. I ran it today again. I ended up going back to the extreme and with the stack it was not better, so I am going to stick with that and the boost controller.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So what your saying is its a pos. LOL ,My buddy has a tripple dog and i was wanting to try it but now i will stay away from it, thanks for the input..

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I did not say that the tuner was a POS, I have it on my truck and I like it, runs good. I just decided to do the update and ran the crazy larry and it sounded worse this time than it did last time. So I have gone back to the extreme tune which is awesome in my opinion. With my current setup it has plenty of power and I have the extra to back it up with.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Bully Dog and a few others rate their HP levels at the crank or flywheel, not the rear wheels. They stated deduct about 25 - 30 percent for the drive train loss to the rear wheels. 230 HP at the flywheel, is about 172 HP at the rear wheels using 25 percent loss.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I lost why would Bully Dog rate some of there tuners for rwhp and the next for crank, power pup is rated 140 at the wheel and the state that they say nothing about the crazy larry tune being at the crank and not the wheels, but from what I felt in the seat of my pants and what the truck ran at the track I ran the power pup on extreame and the tri power with the crazy larry ran a [email protected] with a 4wd launch ran a [email protected] in 2wd with a 2.18 60's both these runs were with a 50 shoot of juice.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
If you take a look at their dyno charts on their website, you can see that the to tune being 48 hp is really only 28 hp. I also called them to confirm this. Some rate HP at the rear wheels, like the Predator, and others rate the HP at the crank like Bully Dog, PPE and many others.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
last time I saw bully dog it said rear wheel

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
They also claim this which isn't true either. •Highest HP of Any Downloader
We know that PPE has more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always thought it was wheel power, now i know why it doesnt run as hard as i expect it to.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well if this is true that they rate it at the flywheel and then advertise it as RWHP? Please send me some proof of this because I feel that I was deceived and led by false advertisement. Where are you guys finding the numbers for the CL program? I have not found the numbers for this program just up the extreme, and when i call they tell me the RWHP numbers for the CL and it was in the 180 range.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I do like the extreme on the bullydog and if i had a stock truck it would be my weapon of choice. But i don't think you would even see a 10hp difference between the extreme and CL, and if you did the exteme may have more.:eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My buddy has that tune on his 05 LLY x cab short bed and my crew cab dually with the extreme tune will beat him evry time by 4 or 5 truck lenghs, i like my power pup but i want allitle more power so im looking into efi live or ppe, any sugestions?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Either one would be a great choice LBZ DUALLY, just depends if you want to tune your own truck or have an out of the box programmer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How easy is it to tune with efi live? Ive been wondering about that. PPE looks easier so i might lean that way but i dont know yet, thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's not that hard, and if you buy from a vendor from this site they will usually hook you up with a tune to get you started.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is not true. I have been to Bullydog's facility and they do not have a crank/flywheel dyno. They have a Mustang dynomometer, and all HP numbers that are advertised are rear wheel.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
elkman1jc;1608809; said:
That is not true. I have been to Bullydog's facility and they do not have a crank/flywheel dyno. They have a Mustang dynomometer, and all HP numbers that are advertised are rear wheel.
You are right,everyone else is wrong.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts