Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A couple of monts ago I installed a 4" Kat back MBPR system, I LOVE it. Ok so here's the question. The extension pipe on the back side of my Kat has a "dent" where it crosses over the crossmember, It looks "factory", It does not look like it hit the crossmember, is this normal?
Pat "McRat" had said that some of the LBZ's will throw a code if the kitty runs off, but if my front pipe is not supposed to be "dented" I"m not sure what to do.

Sorry this went long!

Dave

·
Registered
746 Posts
I dont believe that it should be dented. It should be smoothly bent up and over the cross member. I would have to think that at sometime it came in contact with something it was not suposed to.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont believe that it should be dented. It should be smoothly bent up and over the cross member. I would have to think that at sometime it came in contact with something it was not suposed to.
Ok "dent" might not have been the correct word. It really looks like it's supposed to be there? I too thought that the pipe had come in contact with the frame but there is no shiny spot?

·
Registered
96 Posts
My exhaust looks the same. There is a flat spot by the cat at the cross member. This was definitely down at the factory.

·
Registered
746 Posts
ok it looks like I made a mistakein reading the post that you made. If it is the stock pipe that you are talking about then I understand. most of the front pipes include a flat spot about 3-4 inches long. This seems to be GM's lazy way of exhaust fitting

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks that's what I needed to know. I do wonder why they put that there?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks that's what I needed to know. I do wonder why they put that there?
well the exhaust on mine doesnt have this "dent"...and it rubs that crossmember, maybe they fixed the problem by "denting" the pipe:confuzeld

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could be cause mine does not hit the crossmember. And it does not look look like it has a shiny spot where it would have.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I owned an exhaust shop for 6 yrs and I've seen quite a bit of "factory clearance dents". It's weird in that not all on any given vehicle were the same. I've seen same year vehicles with close production dates with different factory pipes on them for no apparent reason.....who knows why this is?

Also seen ALOT of "owner induced clearance dents" ! ! ....:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.