Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were driving down the road just fine been driving a while went to Wal-Mart gas station everything fine and then on way home truck acts like it doesn't want to shift right it's getting upto 3k rpm maybe 35 40 mph I finally get it home and try to look at trans everything looks fine but I get under the hood and look at air filter and oil dipstick and smoke is rolling out of both now I'm not an expert but how is it possible for smoke to be coming back up my intake isnt the whole point to suck in also any clues would ve helpfully I'm wondering if it rear end acting out as its a 2wd c2500 with a dually conversion

·
Administrator
16,702 Posts
Any recent engine work done?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I'm not sure its fairly new to me the story was yes tho engine and trans

·
Registered
219 Posts
video would be helpful, when you say smoke, describe it... what color? vapor? smell?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldbt say sweet but whiteish like smoke before fire there was a smell in the cabin I couldn't put my finger on that gives you a headache I thought exhaust or diesel leak cause there is a pin hole in filler neck but I ran it after it cooled down and it ran perfect and by run I mean literally beat it so idk

·
Registered
219 Posts
maybe a mouse down the intake?! dang I dunno, if it runs perfect I would just drive it and be quick draw on the video camera when symptoms cropped up so people could help you out. Now you mention fire, before there was just smoke? Anyways, hope it never comes back!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's not a fire I'm just saying that smoke makes it seems like something is to hot

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Maybe you have a cracked or holed piston.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would it run fine after cool down if that's the case

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Is this the same truck that is leaking oil real bad? If so that really points to excess crank case pressures.

Maybe post some general pics of the engine? Maybe we can spot some things that don't look right that will indicate the previous people that worked on it really didn't know what they were doing.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 11 of 11 Posts