Diesel Place banner

861 - 880 of 6992 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
Apparently. It's been up for a while.

I'd think as a DD, it would be ok, but to haul anything, well, you might a well have a half-ton gasser with the gearing in that machine originally.

My boss had a H1 he blew 2 motors because he always tried to go 90 mph everywhere.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Haha, the painter got lazy!

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
My boss had a H1 he blew 2 motors because he always tried to go 90 mph everywhere.
I spent 10 years driving those things in the military. Some of that in the National Guard driving highways, going to annual training, and I have never been able to get it over 60 mph. Maybe the civilian model was not as restricted. That said, I have seen some do some amazing things, but also fail amazingly. They were terribly underpowered for a one and quarter ton rated machine.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
I spent 10 years driving those things in the military. Some of that in the National Guard driving highways, going to annual training, and I have never been able to get it over 60 mph. Maybe the civilian model was not as restricted. That said, I have seen some do some amazing things, but also fail amazingly. They were terribly underpowered for a one and quarter ton rated machine.
I don't know if it actually would go 90, but he would try....

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I don't know if it actually would go 90, but he would try....
I think the Civi trucks had normal axles and the military ones had portal style axles. I think...

·
Resident Gynecologist....
4,280 Posts
I think the Civi trucks had normal axles and the military ones had portal style axles. I think...

All the H1 ran exactly the same axles as the military version. they were built on the same assembly line but the civvy h1 was driven across a parking lot to have civvy finishings

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
This I did not know, thank you sir!

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts

Attachments

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts

Attachments