Diesel Place banner

6961 - 6980 of 6995 Posts

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Ha ha kinda figured you were pointing to the Hut Truck syndrome!!

Ya I'm an ex class 1, A for you guys, who pulled all sorts of stuff including some insane off road only over width triple log trailers, in the 300K range depending on what come off the feller that day.

809001385.jpg

Not me but the basic idea

I was even thrown outa the US for inter-stating cause I really likes a cheap breakfast ...

Dahm I wish the dually was up here cause it looks absolutely rust free & cheap, I can deal with slow even though I have a baul'r of a puller.

:bigglasse

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
:confuzeld

I'm just passing thru. Like always. Here. There. Everywhere. :coffee:

Bigboys... hauling logs takes [email protected]$ OF STEEL! Hats off to you sir. I had a job offer at one point. Did it for a day or two... muddy dirt roads.. 200+k... sheer dropoffs...twisty windy narrow mountain roads... worst conditions imaginable... yikes.

Again.. hats off to you there sir! No $#!+

Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Ha ha kinda figured you were pointing to the Hut Truck syndrome!!

Ya I'm an ex class 1, A for you guys, who pulled all sorts of stuff including some insane off road only over width triple log trailers, in the 300K range depending on what come off the feller that day.

View attachment 621730

Not me but the basic idea

I was even thrown outa the US for inter-stating cause I really likes a cheap breakfast ...

Dahm I wish the dually was up here cause it looks absolutely rust free & cheap, I can deal with slow even though I have a baul'r of a puller.

That's a big ole DM series (I think) used to drive a DM600 dump back in the day. I stalled it once dumping a load of top soil and it starting running backwards, smoke was coming out the air cleaner, freaked me right out.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
On Farcebook

This thing is clean,

At least he's being honest,

$4,750

• About This Vehicle
    • Driven 200,000 miles
    • Automatic transmission
Seller's Description
Truck has tons of new parts ranging from battery, fuel lines, fuel tank, fuel modulator, pmd relocation, ac serviced, new injectors, glow plugs and more. Runs good, reliable, just a dog of a diesel these Detroit’s, not a race truck by any means! Clean title ver nice looking truck with leather interior and all power options

Sold, which is good, now I can stop thinking about it.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
That's a big ole DM series (I think) used to drive a DM600 dump back in the day. I stalled it once dumping a load of top soil and it starting running backwards, smoke was coming out the air cleaner, freaked me right out.

Ha ha ha yup gata love those Mack's!!

We ran 2 White's with H&M front axle and a MAN. Each one had 2x100lb propane tanks on the back.

Ya, back when it was still an adventure time in life ...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
My father worked for Mack as a mechanic, (the Boston Division) from mid 50s, to mid 60s, when the plant closed. I remember in my school days, a few trucks showing up in our yard for some minor work. I have a soft spot for the B models, specifically the B-61s, and B-81s. I've been looking for local antique truck shows, to bring back some good memories. I heard Springfield Ma has had them, but haven't been able to catch one. Kudos to the drivers of them old rigs.
(A small piece of memorandum, from our garage.)

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
There is a place in Canterbury, CT call the Hall of Fame Truck Museum.
I have been there a few times, first time I went they had about 30 of B model Macks, last time I went they were all gone,

Here is a good video

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Was it the Mack museum of the past, Bob? I thought I heard there was one here years ago, but now it's in Pa. Thanks for the tip, and video. (no sound tho?)
P.S. Why did my post above turn out to be Green Giant size? Is it something from PB?

·
Administrator
15,991 Posts
Was it the Mack museum of the past, Bob? I thought I heard there was one here years ago, but now it's in Pa. Thanks for the tip, and video. (no sound tho?)
P.S. Why did my post above turn out to be Green Giant size? Is it something from PB?
Yes, PB sizing algorithms are different and when uploaded here the vbulletin software doesn't know what to do with it so it goes to a default and usually oversizes it.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Another farcebook gem

1984 GMC 2500 Regular Cab (farcebook jacks up the vehicle model if you are not paying attention) Looks like a 1-ton to me

Berlin, CT

$1,800
Truck runs and drives good cheap heavy duty diesel truck no trades

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Bob, you're such a tease. This truck reminds me of my 83, from 25 yrs ago. And I believe you're right. It looks like a 1 ton to me too.

6.2 truck (2).jpg
P.S. This is the 1st time I believe, I was able to post an "attachment", rather than a PB photo. See if it takes.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Could be a recabed frame cause that is a 1T frame.

Not so funny story bout that, guy recabed a tow truck with a 1/2T, got caught ... the over weight & illegal frame and cab match by serial number & illegal safety & & & .... was huge.... cause they go by the door sticker on the cab for GVCW.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
That poor, poor 6.5. Already on it's second engine at 50,000 miles. :HiHi:
https://spokane.craigslist.org/rvs/d/colville-1995-firan-raven-diesel-33-ft/6967917570.html
1995 Firan Raven Diesel 33 ft. RV Motorhome - $11900
"For sale a 1995 Firan Raven diesel motorhome with app. 56000 miles. Measures out at 34 ft, title reads 33ft. Motor was replaced around 6 thousand miles ago with a new crate 6.5 turbo diesel engine, runs like a top. Allison transmission shifts smooth, has a 6.5 diesel Onan generator with about 275 hrs. on it. Coach is in nice condition, no scrapes or damage to body or trim, recent wax job also. Newer batteries and starter were replaced in last year. Dual air conditioners were serviced along with the fridge 3 yrs. ago. Interior clean and all appliances work properly along with plumbing. Also has arctic package from factory. Nice and roomy inside, model has the extra wide body with bay windows for plenty of light & viewing area. Have complete manuals from the factory including wiring diagrams. We have owned it for 4 years and bought it from the original owner. Just don't use it enough last few years and would like to see it go to a good home to enjoy. Send along a message or text for questions I can answer for you.
Would consider partial trade of 4x4 truck with cash."

Attachments

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Bob, you're such a tease. This truck reminds me of my 83, from 25 yrs ago. And I believe you're right. It looks like a 1 ton to me too.

View attachment 621874
P.S. This is the 1st time I believe, I was able to post an "attachment", rather than a PB photo. See if it takes.

Was this truck a tow truck at one time? Just the lever and winch.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Well this is some tempting seeings how I think Kenny's(acesneights) CUVC is so bad Censored.

I might go look at it this weekend.

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/pts/d/colchester-1986-chevrolet-k30-cucv-dump/6983244431.html

1986 Chevrolet k30 cucv dump - $1500

1986 Chevrolet k30 military cucv with dump body and plow frame 6.2 diesel 4wd t400 transmission dana 60 front 14bolt rear with locker 4.56 gears engine did run has new injection pump haven't started in couple years needs work have title

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Was this truck a tow truck at one time? Just the lever and winch.
Bob, this was a flatbed when I 1st bought it in 1992. I converted it to a "tubbed" PU, (no fiberglass fenders needed.) But I also wanted a winch, cause the SM465 had a PTO, so I figured I'ld use it. I scabbed a shaft, Holmes 440 winch, and levers off a wrecker in a bone yard for a couple hundred bucks, and welded it in. It's come in handy many times. Unfortunately all the sheet-metal is gone, so that's on my bucket list. To repair the panels back to their former glory. but you know the deal. Projects, projects...and more projects. I figure when I die, only 1/2 my projects will have been completed. :nono:

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Well this is some tempting seeings how I think Kenny's(acesneights) CUVC is so bad Censored.

I might go look at it this weekend.

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/pts/d/colchester-1986-chevrolet-k30-cucv-dump/6983244431.html

1986 Chevrolet k30 cucv dump - $1500

1986 Chevrolet k30 military cucv with dump body and plow frame 6.2 diesel 4wd t400 transmission dana 60 front 14bolt rear with locker 4.56 gears engine did run has new injection pump haven't started in couple years needs work have title

If this wasn't across the country I'd have it on a trailer! That's a killer deal! Those 60's are going for stupid money these days....

·
Registered
302 Posts
6961 - 6980 of 6995 Posts