Diesel Place banner

41 - 60 of 6995 Posts

·
Super Moderator A Country Boy Can Survive...
14,347 Posts
With dead batteries I would not pay more than a couple hundred bucks. Cant check anything if it wont spin. Engine could have been locked up, trans in pieces, etc and you wouldnt know until you got home with it. Just my 2 cents
Agreed.

Bought my K-5 for $400 on C/L. Never heard it run. Hell i never heard the engine crank over. All i saw was "Goodwrench 6.2" when i looked under the hood and it didnt' look 1/2 bad so that's when i made up my mind. Interior STUNK of squirrel piss, so i knew it had been sitting a long time, and the guy selling it didn't' hide that fact. He said it had been sitting for 10 years.

Turned out the trans was history(looked like christmas in there with all the shiny metal flakes floating around). Someone beat that 700R4 to death,not like that's tough to do though :rolleyes:

Found the SM465/NP208, pedal assmebly, complete hydro clutch linkage, both driveshafts, military rear non-step bumper, and front/rear 10 bolt axles for $350 on C/L.

Couldn't pass that up, even though it was almost 2 1/2 hours to get there. First trip was made in the pouring rain to get the trans/tcase driveshafts, pedal assembly, etc. Second trip was to go back and get the pair of axles.

Found a 6.2 free on C/L. Guy said it ran, but turned out it had just a little bit of water get in through the rotted air filter top and lock the engine up. Still took it since it was free. I know i've got at least 1 crack free head off of it so far, and it does turn now, but will need a rebuild.

Found a more or less brand new 4 core rad for the 6.2 from the junkyard. Got it for $35, had it cleaned, pressure and flow tested for another $85.

Last big score was the Banks kit for $300 from the junkyard over a year ago. Been saving for that next big score, but nothing has "fallen in my lap" for a while now. Time to go hunting for something. :evillol:

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Been saving for that next big score, but nothing has "fallen in my lap" for a while now. Time to go hunting for something. :evillol:
That would be a nv4500:D

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Cant go on craigslist today its all blacked out in protest !!!

I THINK THIS SHOULD BE A poll on dieselplace

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
lol you still can go to craigslist, it just takes you to the main protest screen first but theres a small link at the bottom to continue on.

·
Off we go!.......
8,772 Posts
lol you still can go to craigslist, it just takes you to the main protest screen first but theres a small link at the bottom to continue on.
:exactly: Just have to wait 10 seconds for the link to show up.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
:exactly: Just have to wait 10 seconds for the link to show up.

I was getting PO'd trying to figure out how to get by it, then it gets blocked by the firewall at work.
Argh there could be a nv4500 deal close by I might miss.

Pretty sure Landmine or Asphalt Victory would go get it for me so I wouldn't miss one :lol:

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
yea i figured out the 10 second deal i also filled out the patition

·
Diesel Technician, Formerly zland76
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Haha legendman if there is a cheap nv4500 i'll be getting it for myself!
Maybe i should go zf6 just to be different from all you guys lol

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
i was toying with putting an allison 1000 in but read that its a pretty specific transmission and its on the smaller side so IDK maby its sub contracted by an overseas company?

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
I think he screwed up and fat fingered a extra zero :hehe:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
he claims to have $5000 in parts but no engine or internals????? that turbo better be solid gold.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts

·
Diesel Technician, Formerly Mwy123
963 Posts
Most of the time you haul a rollback with a heavy hauler, same thing they haul road tractors with. That size truck you could actually move with a medium duty wheel lift truck ( like a snatch rig on a F-650 or International truck.) If you had a 1 ton truck and good trailer, you could move it with that also. It weighs between 8500-10,000 lbs. You could also move it with a low boy.

41 - 60 of 6995 Posts