·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Maybe it's lifted or were just used to seeing square fenders

Reactions: smackzed

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Probably covered in masking tape, filling foam and bondo ....

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
I'd be putting a nice 455 in that. Are those fenders trimmed? They don't look right.
They don't look right. I have a 79 glasshouse in the driveway. The car Bob posted is what the people around here do to them (basically wreck them) and those same people knock on my door asking if mines for sale. :shake:

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,754 Posts
They don't look right. I have a 79 glasshouse in the driveway.
Why do they call them a glass house? Never heard that before.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Why do they call them a glass house? Never heard that before.
maybe because the funny shape to the back window? it does look funny the fenders, but it looks like its up on air ride, and the wheels look massive; 20" maybe... i didnt actually read the ad, so.....:whistle:

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
At first glance I thought nice truck, then I noticed the service body is missing three doors and is rusted to heck, and the passenger door looks like it got mule kicked a few times. That "HO" 6.5 is a rare option...

'94 2500 H.D ext cab

1994 1994 2500 H.D ext cab $4000

condition: good
cylinders: 6 cylinders :think:
drive: 4wd
fuel: diesel
paint color: brown
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: truck

'94 2500 H.D ext cab 6.5 L H.O (high output) :think: turbo diesel with tow package

Attachments

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Reactions: beuller61

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
I didn;t see any explanation for why they're called that

Reactions: turbonator

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
1995 Chevy 3/4 ton Turbo Diesel 4x4
$2800
1995 Chevrolet 2500
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 235022
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

"This is one strong truck! It starts right up and runs great. Drives super smooth. Transmission works great. Excellent tires! Has long bed with bedliner. Tow hitch. Extended cab with rear bench seat. Has seats for 6 people. Everything works on this truck. This thing sounds sweet! This is the truck you've been looking for! Come drive this for yourself."

Attachments

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
It was a slang term because there was so much curved glass in the back it looked like you could have liked under it, like a glasshouse. The were some times called green houses for the same reason

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
yeah, it would be nice if the "let me google that for you" would actually go to the best explanation, and read to me...:HiHi::whistle:

Reactions: legendman

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
1984 Chev 1ton Dually CrewCab 3+3 - $2500 (estes park, co)

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/5492882840.html

"1984 Chevrolet Silverado 1 ton C30 Dually 3+3 Crew Cab 6.2Diesel 2wd. We have owned since 1986. This is a truck from NV/AZ with no rust and clean straight body. It runs but needs paint and brake work, not sure if it is booster or ? Deluxe model with electric windows and seats etc, good glass and new windshield, good tires, 2 new batteries, and new head liner to be installed. Has seat covers over original upholstery. This has been parked under carport for quite awhile and run occasionally to keep it lubed. Recent check up and work on glow plugs was done. Sale will be cash and truck sold as-is condition/no warranty.
Comes with the old camper shell. Would make a great classic work or show truck. Will consider trade for atv, trailer or ? ☎ (970) 290-1961"

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah, it would be nice if the "let me google that for you" would actually go to the best explanation, and read to me...:HiHi::whistle:
If you have an android based phone, you can get close., but it isn't very good at questions like that. If you got lucky, you would get a wikipedia answer that is almost related.

5841 - 5860 of 6995 Posts