·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Registered
284 Posts
I could see it being anavy truck, but not that snot green color. That is more of a forest service color. Don't know that I have seen any CUCV's with any of the factory badging.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Body is nice but its still a 20 year old truck

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
I could see it being anavy truck, but not that snot green color. That is more of a forest service color. Don't know that I have seen any CUCV's with any of the factory badging.
It definitely has a cucv engine and its at a used car lot so i wonder if theyre just calling it a military truck to help the sale.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Just finished getting my engine back together and off the stand. Nah just joking. I found this on a for sale ad online. I can post the link but it's not CL and definitely don't wanna buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd make a quip, but I just bought a non-runner. :whistle:

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I really hope that turd licker didn't pore diesel down the intake to "prime it"....:wtf:

Just finished getting my engine back together and off the stand. Nah just joking. I found this on a for sale ad online. I can post the link but it's not CL and definitely don't wanna buy.
Yaaa.... 7.3 and a 5 speed .... kinda assembled the wrong way around .... :hehe: go backwards in 5 different speeds, 1 forwards if the case isn't twisted....:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
96' gmc 6.5l 4x4 diesel

96 gmc with 221,000 miles. New turbo, new updated pmd. 3/4 ton, automatic. Tires are in fair condition, runs and drives good. $2500

Attachments

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,754 Posts
Reactions: turbonator

·
Registered
338 Posts
96' gmc 6.5l 4x4 diesel

96 gmc with 221,000 miles. New turbo, new updated pmd. 3/4 ton, automatic. Tires are in fair condition, runs and drives good. $2500
Owner must be a real skinny dude, the seat don't show much wear for the miles. That truck would look good with the original 3/4 ton silver steel wheels back on with caps, and trim rings. Good for another 220.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Kind of laughing at this thread, wondering how I will wordsmith the ad for my 87. One of those deals where someone with love could make a pretty nice truck but I'm not the guy with the love... or actully the time.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
I think you have may have it. I was going to mention, how could it be military with gauges and not idiot lights except for the US Property tag. 2 wheel drive, Crewcab, all seem odd for military, unless just some base truck.

Look again at the hood and back of cab.

View attachment 447314
I did, I saw the off puke color on the back of the cab, but then in a shot like this, it looked simuliar to the rest of the truck.

00Q0Q_1XD5qeR2E4n_600x450.jpg

Then I barely saw the sick racing stripes on the hood. Your right, 2 colors and :thumbsdow

01010_7P24tyCKR6Z_600x450.jpg

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
The military has been known to buy a one off truck here and there for things before. Not the first time I've seen a 2wd 3+3 from the military. I would guess though that someone has had some fun with this at some point (chrome bumpers, etc)

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Air Force and navy both would use one off vehicles, I guess the main reason is because they never required large amounts of vehicles, allowing the use of small number military vehicle contracts. Most of the time these contracts would fill transportation needs of the bases that wouldn't be readily covered by normal army contracts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: legendman

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,754 Posts
Kind of laughing at this thread, wondering how I will wordsmith the ad for my 87. One of those deals where someone with love could make a pretty nice truck but I'm not the guy with the love... or actully the time.
Color? Location? Price?

5821 - 5840 of 6995 Posts